How do I stop worrying about my future career?

I want to be a model but there's literally thousands of them and it makes me scared that I won't be succesful. What do I do to deal with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Having been through the college system two times in my life I can offer you this from experience.

Go to college and get an Associates degree. This will open the world of opportunities as colleges are good at knowing what is coming. They gamble their success on being to provide the education and training to their customers (students) with being able to have a high employment percentage with their students after graduation in the field of their choice.

My second time in college I was going into the medical field. I found technology interested me more. So I chose that path. It changed my life. I went from working just over minimum wage jobs to filing a tax return of over $90k with the worlds best benefits. You have to select a career path that interests you AND that has great potential.

Forget the party life for four years or you will become another statistic. Excel in your education. Employers will seek you rather than visa versa. It worked for me when I graduated at age 42. I was turning down jobs that started at around $60k for entry as I knew my education and skills were worth more.

If you choose the normal path so many college people take of meager grades and a life of partying employers know how to see that. You will be looked over and possibly stuck with a huge debt that will haunt you for years to come.

• Sure but I said I wanted to model?

• You have chose a VERY competitive field. There are always those hiring at both the top and bottom. You need to be realistic.

You asked for an opinion by posting here. It is my belief that from my life experience you lack the eternal fire to get through the bullshit you are facing in the model career to succeed. If you have the fire burning deep inside your soul you would not need acceptance from those here who really do not know you or care about your success. Focus on being around those who will help you succeed in the real world, not this fantasy.

• Thank you <3

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm can I ask why modelling?

If you're scared that's a good thing. it shows how much you care about what you're passionate about. But don't ever let that fear consume you to the extent that it becomes your worst enemy

• I just always liked it but I was always scared that I would fail.

• Ha ha all of us do it, don't worry about it at all! But then what I realized through my experiences is that we should try to strive to be a better version of ourselves every day and not focus too much on how we are compared to other people. I know it's difficult to do (for me it was!) but has very rewarding outcomes.

Thank you for most helpful opinion <3. All the best!

• Thanks :)

What Guys Said 1

• only way to know is to try, failure is a part of life. its how you deal with it that matters

What Girls Said 2

• The modelling industry is always growing. So I wouldn't be worried. If you know you and you're confident in yourself, you'd do a great job

• meditate.