Would you reject a guy if you didn't like the way he dressed or the shoes he wore?

How superficial are you, if you didn't like the cloths or the shoes the guy wears would you reject him...

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• This took me a long time to realize because I was never one to follow trends or fashion, but people make a choice when they dress themselves. The manner in which you dress yourself says how you want to be represented.

I'm not sure if I would reject a guy solely on his attire, but I would judge him on it. I don't like admitting that I judge people so shallowly, but how someone dresses really speaks for how they want to be interpreted.

Say for instance a person in full on goth attire approached me. I think I can assume merely from his look some of things he believes in. Of course, I wouldn't any assumption against him, and I would be fine with getting to know him better. Same goes for a guy who is dressed entirely in designer labels. Or a guy who is dressed in a pair of jeans that 3 people can fit into. They are making a statement about themselves by how they dress.

If I am approached by someone I do not know, the only basis I would have for evaluating him at all would be on his appearance.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm not sure what you mean by if I didn't like the way he dressed. Because if he just had no style, then no I would not reject him. But if the style he has is a style I don't like (emo, goth or whatnot) then yes. I know I'm gonna get a lot of thumbs down for that but, just as kateakanne said, you will get judged on the way you choose to dress.

• I don't call it superficial. Someone's personality can affect the way he dresses. There are some styles that can tell me that the wearer is just not my type.

It's not really so much the actual clothing he's wearing, more like the way he presents himself.

• Well, if he turned up in a bin bag and slippers to the pub, then I might have second thoughts about him... unless it was fancy dress and then it would be quite funny

• It doesn't matter that much as long as he's nice and treats me right. Oh but it's a major plus if he's got some style you know?

• I go for the personality and how he acts :)

• Well yeah I would. If he walked around with pants that came down to his knees, or dressed in dresses and skirts, wore the same shirt days in a row, then yes I would reject him.

He doesn't have to wear $400 shirts, but he needs to dress in a respectable manner

What Guys Said 1

• i seen a girl do to someone for that reason