What should I buy for back to school clothes?

I'm going into 9th grade this year. I've lost weight and gotten taller since last year so non of my clothes fit... So I'm buying new ones!

I was wondering what I need? Like how many pairs of pants should I aim to buy sort of thing. I was thinking of getting some cute dresses but that might be too formal for school and I am shopping for school.
by the way my school has no dress code.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try to get 4 to 6 pairs of pants that are different styles and washes, a couple pairs of sweatpants, Like 10 to 15 shirts. A couple pairs of new shoes, and some short's if it's hot where your at.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me buying back to school clothes was the best part of "back to school"
    This is what you should do, depending on your budget check out who is having sales (Kohls, Macys, or wherever you like) and take it from there. I would say if you can try to get at least 6 new pairs of pants, 5-10 new shirts (tees, button ups, dressy tops or what you prefer) that way you can mix and match. Pants normally cost more than shirts I have noticed. Maybe two or three dresses, not too dressy (like prom or dance dresses) for those warmer months, maybe two to three pairs of shorts or skirts if you prefer and at least two pairs of shoes. I normally got a pair of sneakers and a pair of boots. Its all on your budget though. Good luck in school and happy shopping 👍🏻

What Guys Said 1

• Just a normal nice clothes.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on your style. I like to dress sexy, but a lot of girls like to dress casual or preppy or anything else. I usually get my clothes from nordstrom or forever 21 though. Also dresses are great for school.

• Jeggings, jeans and sweatpants.
    T shirts, v necks and cardigans.
    Sneakers and flats

• I always wore dresses in high school, nothing too fancy. how many clothes you should buy depends on how often you want to re-wear clothes. I usually re-wore clothing after 1 month.