How can I make my hair grow faster?

I have hair as short as a boys. I am a tomboy, but when I see other girls with long hair, it drives me crazy, and makes me wish I had never cut my hair. Is there a way to make it grow faster? I moisturize my hair, and everything. So, I need a faster way. I am about to start highschool, and I want long hair!
Is there a way to make it grow faster? 😢

Thank you guys for your opinions. 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• Well my hair is down to almost my knees and is still growing after 18 years (slowed from an inch a month for 6-8 months to about an inch every 6 months currently). Simply don't cut it (some say trim off the split ends I never did) and use shampoos that stop it from breaking and strengthen it (I preferred Garneir Fructis's lengh and strength version until they discontinued it, luckily there's other brands that do the same thing). The main cause of short hair when it isn't cut is it breaks off or sheds at the root earlier than usual (I shed like a dog but still have long hair). If the shampoo thing doesn't work you can always do what cancer patients do and wear a wig.

• Oh yeah avoid blow drying (I just use a towel and then air dry even if it does take a few hours). That makes it brittle. And don't brush it while wet, that's when it's most fragile.

• Maybe that is one of the mistakes I make. I brush my hair when it is wet. Thanks for the tip. 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• After shaving my head to the point it was like peach fuzz I used Mane n tail shampoo and always massaged my scalp when in the shower. It helped a lot and made my hair feel amazing.

• Ok, funny thing is, someone told me about the same shampoo, ir something similar. I will have to try it. Thank you for the tip! 😊

• It really is a good product.
      you're welcome

What Guys Said 8

• Take vitamins eat a lot of protein

• Practically everything I eat has vitamins and protein.

• Ok, thank you for your tip. I will try it. 😊

• Ok cool good luck to you

• Nothing, but time. I feel your pain I have two months lol

• One time I heard that washing with cold water can help but if your hair needs some vitamins that doesn't work unless you take what you neeed. So it is better to go a doctor

• Drink lots of water, make sure you're getting enough sleep, enough vitamins, and think horny stuff (serious).

• Ok, thanks for the tip. I am not sure about how thinking horny helps, but I will get enough sleep, and enough vitamins. 😊

• Being sexually aroused releases hormones that promotes cell reproduction and fair follicle growth

• Oh, ok good to know. Thank you for the tip. 😊

• Buy some over the counter anti-bald creams.

• wash your hair a lot and massage your scalp to get blood to the area.

• There isn't. Hair's basically dead skin cells, and I don't think that this would be healthy to speed up.

• Buy goat
    Shave goat
    Get hair from goat

What Girls Said 15

• I cut my hair to my jawline about a year ago and now it is where the latch on bras go. Take biotin for hair growth and use heat sparingly. Here's a my take I wrote on hair
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a29800-helpful-hair-tips-for-anyone-who-obviously-needs-it-like-me

• I like the smoothie part. I will try your tips. Thanks. 😊

• Forgot to mention you should do hair masks. My favourite is a few spoonfuls of mayonnaise, an egg, and olive oil or an avocado.

• Ok, thank you, I will try the mask. 😊

• Take biotin my hair was in a lob now a year later it's to my waist it was the fastest my hair has ever grown I believe it's because of the biotin. Also bay rum mixed with olive oil helps to grow/thicken hair when I was younger I literally had about three strands of hair my hair would constantly break my mom was told by a gypsy woman to use this mixture on my hair and she did it worked. My brothers girlfriend also used it and it worked on her too.

• Biotin is supposed to be really good for hair growth, and I read somewhere that Vitamin D is as well, although I can't verify that. They say that massaging your scalp promotes hair growth as well.

• your hair grows 6 inches a year... just be patient and limit heat

• Coconut oil treatment helps, 3-4 min scalp massages have helped some women too.

• Quit cutting it. That's the only way. I had to do that when I had shorter hair. I'd get it cut only twice a year. Now I get it cut maybe 4 times a year as I'm paranoid that it'll get too short (it's currently down almost to my waist).

• Healthy diet, no heat

• I've been taking Biotin pills for a while now and those really work. Not right away of course but a few months in you'll notice a huge difference.
    www.top10homeremedies.com/.../...-grow-faster.html

• I would suggest less stress and trying the coconut oil treatment. Stress, illness, hormonal changes, poor nutrition and medications are some of the things that can disrupt the growth cycle and cause hair loss. Another thing is using less heat on your hair because heat damage is the worst yet easiest way to damage hair.

• There's these bear gummies you eat and it make your hair grow faster real quick! They taste amazing and they help your hair grow. You don't gain any weight while you're eating the gummies. It doesn't only make your hair grow, but it makes your hair stronger. Its called SugarBearHair and if you are interested believe me its worth it.

• Stimulate your scalp and don't do things to damage your hair. Dont over moisturized though, that can cause it to grow slower

• Coconut oil treatments, less heat especially in the shower you should always rinse your hair with cold water before getting out it helps your pores.

• My friend took these pills that made her hair growth faster. It worked.

• You can use horse shampoo. It also strengthens it :)

• Try washing your hair every SECOND day, it damages your hair when it's washed daily. You could also try certain fruits?