Im insecure & I don't know how to dress myself?

I'm about 5'2 and weigh around 142lbs, I'm starting school again and I always have a hard time picking out clothes that are cute and will flatter my body, I feel like everything looks bad. Which is why I love the winter because I can just wear jeans (or leggings) and a hoodie, or cute cardigans and jackets. But during this time I'm just struggling a lot. I almost cried yesterday because I didn't think anything looked good on me and I feel fat, people say I look good but they are just trying to make me feel better. Can I please get some outfit tips? What should I wear? Also I can't wear dresses, skirts, or shorts. And I have cute loose tops but they don't look good with the jeans I have or the shoes I own and I'm just upset and I need fashion tips. My body ruins everything and I honestly would be a pretty girl if I dressed better.

Most Helpful Guy

• dont stress it girl, just wear whats comfortable and simple. and quit thinking your fat. your a pretty girl anyways, it doesn't matter what she wears, because clothes isn't really what makes a girl pretty.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am EXACTLY the same way.. I'm 16, 5'3, and weigh 135lb.. I hate it.. But somedays I'll love it, and show off my curves.. I do get attention from guys, but I still feel so insecure.. And I feel you on finding something to wear in the summer time, I'll wear jeans and long sleeves anyway, and people even comment on how I must be burning up and I'll just say I get cold easily or something.. But do you think you can post a pic of your body? Neck down, so you don't have to show your face? I will give you my honest to God opinion.. From the description you gave, you sound like you look good, curves are good. Not skinny shaming, but I find curves more attractive than just a slim, nothing body.

• Oops I forgot about Fashion tips, what I do is distract with jewelery/accesories and that's probably the best bet for anyone who wants to look smaller, but it's really good to just step out of your comfort zone and.. wear a dress or shorts or whatever.

What Guys Said 2

• Why can't you wear shorts or dresses exactly?

• work out stop being lazy get the body u desire

What Girls Said 1

• Umm, why don't you try working out and eating healthier? I am sure you can actually do it. I am currently in the process of losing a few pounds as well. All it takes is some dedication. As for clothing advice, try wearing darker clothes.