What's up with women dressing provocative?

I love it, but why do most women get offended when you catch us (men) looking or commenting on your features.

Example: I've always been attracted to women with nice toes and nails. So, I'm in the bank standing behind a woman with awesome shoes and great toes to go with them. She's in kind of provocative casual attire and looking nice. I ask if I could have a second after we finish banking. She says,"sure." As we walk out of the bank I ask for her hand. Just as I expected, she had a manicure also. I said," I noticed how well your pedicure was and had to confirm that you went all the way with the manicure,you are looking stunning today." I only wanted to complement her. She said,"OMG I do these things for me and not you guys!"

Oooookay?! She got kind of offended that I was checking her out. I'm not a dog looking guy and my breath wasn't funky so wha?! She said that I was the 4th guy to stop her today. She never said thank you or anything. It was like she was annoyed. What happened. I was turn off immediately. TRAMP! lol What do women expect? I looked at her physically first because that's what she advertised.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls know that you look at them, that's why they dress like that. But you have to remember that they also want you to get to know them.

First of all, I think your approach was a little odd. I wouldn't really comment specifically on what you like about her, if it's her toes, her tits, or her fingertips, keep it to yourself. Tell her she's stunning and that's it. Let her gay friend tell her that he likes the particulars.

I don't know why it is, but playing the dumb guy works a lot better than being style savvy. If you are in fact style savvy, then let your dress and grooming show her.

Honestly, a lot of girls would find what you said to her as creepy, mainly because guys aren't really supposed to recognize those kinds of things and her response might have just been to lash out because she didn't really know how to react.

The other thing is that if you were the fourth guy to stop her, that you were already at a disadvantage as she may have been fed up with continuously being hit on by guys she didn't find attractive, and if she didn't find you attractive, she's not going to let you down easy.

The thing is, that she IS doing it for herself. The catch is that the looks she gets from guys when she's all dolled up make her feel good and that's her main motive. So I agree with you, it is just a dumb situation in general.

What Girls Said 6

• Hmm.thats odd. It's a nice complement actually. I mean it's not like you commented her breasts or something. The one thing I can't stand is when I'm walking to work, mind you in work attire and men honk their horn at me. I don't know but that annoys the hell outta me. I'm not even dressing provocatively then. lol. But I had a guy comment on how my heels looked great on me, I just said thank you, who knows why women get angry half the time we do?! lol.

• I don't know. I'd find it rather flattering. Unless you had a creepy look on your face when you said it or your tongue hanging out. I don't see anything wrong with anything you did or said. Maybe she was PMSing lol *shrugs

• No doubt. I didn't think of the PMS. ;-) None of the other stuff... at least this time (ha ha ha ). Come on I'm still a Man. Nah, I didn't even say put my other thoughts out there. I'm SURE those thoughts would've offended her.

NE way.. Thanks for the comment

• the compliment started out nice but ended kinda creepy. ur intentions may of been nice but ur delivery needs a little work. we do like it when guys notice that we look sexy but we don't want guys to do catcalls or give us lines. just stick with "ur really gorgeous".

• I would find it a little weird, actually. Maybe because it seems to imply that you were kind of obsessed (noticing a pedicure and then checking to see if she'd had a manicure). It somehow seems a little too personal to me.

• I agree with you, women should be open to receiving this kind of attention if they dress as though they want it. I know that when I put in the extra effort, I'm hoping someone will compliment me, or even hit on me ;) I mean really, how are you supposed to go out in a short skirt or low-cut top without knowing that you are going to attract some sort of male attention?

• You had no right touching her hand, you violated that part of talking to her. you should watch your own actions. you could admire without the obvious turnoff .. we don't like to be touched by strangers. compliments are one thing, but you overstepped your boundaries by asking for her hand and touching her hand. she got offended of your touch. when you told her she looked stunning today, you sounded like you have seen her before making you a stalker. that's another creepy things we want to avoid from you guy types..

What Guys Said 1

• I think that approach was creepy, despite what I would guess were 'neutral' intentions.