Is this too informal, or, sexy to wear to prom?

link

I'm a Freshman BTW~ and my friend (a Junior) might ask me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's ugly and old for a 13/14 year old

try these dresses:

link

link

link

What Guys Said 3

• I guess you could, It's not really traditional. I don't know if anyone else will like it.

• personally I think it belongs in a bedroom rather than a dance floor

• i think your friend would love that dress and no its not slutty if you don't mind my bluntness

What Girls Said 12

• Depends what dress size you are and what parts of your body you wish to draw attention too,

as the dress has high waist detail. Also if you are short, I'd go for a different length dress but not too much longer.

I think it's a really pretty dress too, I wore something similar to prom and anyone who says you won't look dazzling it in is just jealous. Prom is a special time so if you want to wear it, do it!

Just make sure you have some killer shoes and a nice hair do :)

Good luck.

• I'm 5'7" and for dress size....hmm....Not sure! But I have 38A boobs and I take a Small in shirts, and a size 0 in jeans. I have super long legs D: Also I'm fair skinned, with 'silver' eyes? and Red hair. How should I do my hair for Prom? :O

• Yeah you could pull it off with those measurements :) Super long legs are good! Depends on the length of your hair for the style really, just go to a hairdressers and say you want glamourous hair or browse through some pictures and pick out a style and do that! Just make sure it's a posh up do such as http://www.trendy-hair-styles.com/prom.jpg OR http://www.beautytwist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/prom-hairstyles.jpg . You get the idea ;)

• That's a gorgeous dress you picked out, I love the colors and all, but I think's it too short to wear to prom. If it were a bit longer, I would consider it, but it looks like it would just barely cover your bottom. Haha. I'd get a longer dress if I were you, this one here doesn't really look like a prom dress.

• I'd say it's a bit too short... have you checked out gojane?

link

Bet you would like some of these:

link

And to boot, they aren't pricey, so you can pick up some AMAZING shoes

check out these AHmazing ones...

link

all for under 30!

lol I love gojane...

have fuuun at Prom! :)

• its a super cute dress! and I bet it would beautiful on you.. my only personal issue with it would b the length since you said ur 5'7" short dresses will b even shorter on u.. I'm 5'9" and I know the minute I put a dress on that short it would barely cover my butt so I wouldn't even bother.. but if you like the shortness then go for it! I don't think I've ever felt as pretty as I did at prom when I was in a dress I absolutely loved :)

• this dress is gorgeous . you can either wear it and impress your man or don't and pick something else . haters qonna hate regardless but watever you do . DONT PICK NONE OF THE ONES BELOW FROM THAT LINK.. MY GOSH! whew qerl that mess looks a site lol . yours look better(:

• i've never been to prom . .but I can give my opinion. .it's sexy! Actually it's beautiful. .u would look great! :))

• I'm wearing something long and Grecian. I decided to go for the more sophisticated look, but it's really want you want to do.

• Have you been to a prom before? I havn't and I don't know about the ratio of short dresses to long dresses.....i don't want people thinking I'm being skanky.

• This year would be my first prom... most of my friends bought long dresses, but I know that there will be many short dresses there too. You're a freshman so I don't think you should have to go too formal.

• I like it. It's cute, and as long as everything isn't hanging out, you'll pull it off. I'm wearing a short dress to prom this year! And last year when I went, I would say it was about 70% long dresses and 30% short dresses. At least at my school.

• nah. the skirt might be a bit short but with boots it'll be fine lol ^^

• no that's cute!

• i think its informal and not really PROM-y. IT LOOKs more like something you might wear to the club. that's just my opinion though...i graduated in 06 so the styles might have changed since then

• Yeah I agree about the club thing, but I can't imagine wearing something long and pink and....silky? I just feel like draping your entire body with sheer, bright fabric will draw too much attention to me D: I wanted to be able to dance in it, but still look like I'm being formal. Maybe ill ask around .....hmm....

• Its very sexy. Almost inapproriate but you will definitely turn a lot of heads and stand out. Girls will hate but just know this dress is hot! Wear it. he will love it.