Is it ok for a girl to wear a headscarf in public?

This is what I mean by scarf. My hair has been fried from flat ironing my hair all the time so I've decided to stop and go natural. The thing is, I'm terrible at doing my own hair so I plan on going to the braid shop soon to get my hair braided. I'm wating for my parents to get the money for me to go to the braid shop cause braids are like $150 and the struggle is real. While I'm waiting for my braids I've just been wearing my scarf everywhere. It's just a blue scarf with a swirl pattern on it. People keep laughing at me tho. So is it weird? Is it acceptable?

Most Helpful Guy

• you see it all the time here where i live.

Most Helpful Girl

• these guys are immature dont listen to them. personally i like the look if you like it wear it and if people laugh they have issues and obviously laughing is how they deal with them.

What Guys Said 4

• People keep laughing at me tho.
    So is it weird? Is it acceptable?
    Sounds like you have an answer? Is your hair that bad RN?

• My hair is awful. By people I just mean my friends cause my hair is usually done. Usually I just straighten my hair but I'm not doing that anymore so it looks so fucked up. It's sticking out in all directions, it's frizzy, it's poofy, and it's dry.

• I don't see why not I'm it's not ilke it's going to bother me none.

• She looks likes she's gonna cut me if i don't give her fity cents in change.

• People wear Burqas dont they? Looks ridiculous seeing it on a hot summer day but they do it anyways

What Girls Said 13

• I love that look on people.

• I do it all the time, if other people don't like it that's their problem not mine.

If that's what you want to wear then wear it. Don't wait around for the approval of other people to assure you it's ok... just do it.

• It's fine to wear a scarf, just learn how to tie it properly. I wear one all of the time, but that's just my style.

• I don't see the problem with it.

• No it's perfectly fine in my eyes however there are people who are very ignorant do you and just ignore them.

• I think it's cute (if the scarf and clothing dont clash).

• There's nothing wrong with it, and I don't know what kind of assholes are laughing at you.

• If she wants to.

• I have seen some people with it.

• yes, my mom does quite often

• Are you sure they're laughing at you? I've always liked the way the headscarf thing has looked.

• Yea I'm sure. Cause they'll laugh and then they'll walk up and ask why I have in on my head.

• Punch them in the face next time 😜

• I think it is fine to wear

• Where a hijab, it's easy and common.

• Isn't that for Muslims?

• Yeah, no big deal though. Just wrap a scarf around your head.