Can I dye the whole of my hair if my hair already has highlights?

I have black hair with light brown highlights, they're slightly fading now. But I want to dye my whole head to a dark reddish brown, could I do this even with my fading highlights still on?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I dyed my hair blonde early this year, I have natural medium to dark brown hair, I dyed my hair again just the other month black and it was a permanent color but my hair always without fail will fade to nearly the same shade of my natural color so I can not see any of my regrowth at all, all I did was try to get the best color hair dye that says it will work on that particular color, I don't get my hair colored at the hairdressers at all, I do at home by myself. Im sure it will be fine for you to do your hair now and they usually specify on the instructions about the duration between colorings I would think thats only to do with the fact that the coloring chemicals take weeks to fully wash out and to reduce any problems with coloring some would experience

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, I did that years ago and you couldn't tell I ever had the highlights.

• Obviously yes except one part is gonna be lighter

• I'm sure you can; just be careful of hair damage

• If you pre pigment your hair with a red dye then it will be even.

• Yay get ready for hair damage