Are women's Olympic uniforms getting too revealing and taking attention away from the athletes?

Pic provided is from the Olympic diving team doing training in Rio.
As you can see the bottoms are fairly revealing. Dont me wrong, these women are in fantastic shape and don't mind what I see at all. But is it also degrading all the work these athletes have sacrificed themselves for?
Could their bottoms be of full coverage?
This isn't anything new either. Everyone's seen pics such as this with women's from different countries baring a bit too much. Especially sports like beach volleyball where apparently the vast majority of spectators came just to see the girls. I have no problem with them playing the sport in bikinis but do they need to be so high cut?

• It's unnecessary and degrading
  • Who cares... I wanna see that ass
  • Let them wear what they want... They can deal with the backlash of what they wear

Most Helpful Girl

• How about they wear whatever the fuck they want and people can just deal with it. Those women are the best athletes in the world. They don't care what you think of their ass.

• Oh I'm not saying I'm against it... But it's been debated for years and I do understands where both sides are coming from. on this. I agree these are the best athletes in the world and the last thing I wanna see is them being objectified

• I would be proud of her for being an Olympian.

Most Helpful Guy

• Athletes were often nude in the original Olympics of ancient Greece.

Degrading? Clothes can be constricting during exercise.

What Girls Said 1

• Olympic athletes are afforded very little personal dignity or autonomy anyway. They are normally 'bred' specifically to be Olympians. They are raised, trained, and engineered from as early as they can walk specifically to be Olympic athletes in the sport chosen for them, to have a *chance* at competing, against thousands of other bred and engineered Olympians, because otherwise they have no chance at competing. In many countries, athletes who fail are imprisoned and tortured. In the rest, their treatment can't be much better behind closed doors. A lot of people put a lot of money into them.

I honestly... I can't get behind that. The whole thing.

The fact that they may wear revealing outfits isn't so much of an issue as the fact that they probably dont have an option on wether or not they can wear the outfits, which is a symptom of that larger problem.

If you live in china 😂

Lol! I don't care if you're dishing track. I'm just telling you. Athletes do it because they love it. Trust me, if they didn't, they would quit. Like I said, I didn't love it anymore and I quit. But I still miss it. I miss competing and genuinely think if I kept at it and took better care of my body (I have a lot of back and knee problems now from it), I'd be in Rio. And even so, it was still some of the best years and experiences of my life. Like, I got to travel across America just to run. If I went pro, I'd get to travel across the world just to run and jump a couple hundred meters and feet. If I won a gold in the olympics, you can't say you or any kid hasn't thought of that. Literally the entire world knows who you are

Some are raised like that. And some, like the first gold medal winner of the Games, started her sport five years ago after hunting with her grandfather. She won shooting for the US. She said she loves the sport. I think most do love the sport.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't think they are given much choice. The committee chooses a uniform and they either wear it or are out, as far as I know. And that would be forcing them to wear things more revealing than they are comfortable with. That is the problem.

• it's simple.
    if they are not okay with it, they can just tell their national Olympic committee. they don't force their athletes to wear something they are not okay with.

also, different countries, different opinions of what they find acceptable. what you think might be inappropriate might be the standard in Brazil or some other country.

• The olympics are already boring enough. Showing athletic women in skimpy outfits is the only reason for me to watch.

• They probably wear that for it being comfortable?

• sex sells and a lot of these girls needs sponsers and careers after they retire. Just remember a top athletes career is usually 15 years max. Its only really to grab media attention anyway.

• I say go back to the original way. Totally nude.

• Weren't a lot of the original Olympians buck-naked?

• they should not wear anything and the males either. thats how it was in the original Olympics.

• I thought that diving uniforms were one piece suits for obvious reasons...

• I dont give a fuck what they wear..

• why do people obssess about how much of the human body is showing, like seriously it's a non issue.

• I don't watch B Rated T. V.

• They gotta do something to get us to watch b grade athletes.

• They chose to wear the uniform. They don't mind it