Persians ??

just wondering what guys and girls think of people with a Persian background ?

Answer on attractiveness etc of the opposite sex.

Most Helpful Guy

• Inbreeding in Iran is above the average for the middle east.

The main religion in Iran is Islam, the religious leaders have persecuted, minority faiths, murders etc. I was refering to the majority religion and the studies of inbreeding which are above average for the middle east and it includes the other faiths who pactise it. Its a closed society nothwithstadning its history, you might be a little clearer and say Iran instead of Persia or define what Persia is before you ask a stupid question.

You asked for an opionion I gave it to you, these are the reasons if you don't like them because you are from there, that is your problem.

Annals of Human Biology

2004, Vol. 31, No. 2, Pages 263-269 , DOI 10.1080/03014460310001652211

Short Report

Consanguineous marriage in Iran

M. Saadat?†, M. Ansari-Lari?‡ and D. D. Farhud?ยง

1Department of Biology, College of Sciences, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran

2Department of Community Health, School of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran

3Department of Human Genetics, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran

Correspondence: M., Saadat, Department of Biology, College of Sciences, Shiraz University, Shiraz 71454, Iran saadat@susc.ac.ir.

Consanguineous marriage is a major feature of family systems in south-west Asia. The aim of the present study was to determine the current prevalence and patterns of consanguinity in Iran as a means of assessing the associated requirement for genetic counselling services. Consanguinity was studied in 12 ethnic/religious populations, the Persians (Shi’a and Sunni), Kurds (Shi’a and Sunni), Lurs, Azaris, Baluchis, Zabolis, Turkamans, Bakhtiaris, Ghashghais and Arabs. A multi-stage sampling design was used with a representative total sample of 306343 couples. The overall rate of consanguineous marriage was 38.6% with a mean inbreeding coefficient (a) of 0.0185. First cousin marriages (27.9%) were the most common form of consanguineous union, with parallel patrilateral marriage especially favoured. Statistically significant differences were observed in the prevalence and patterns of consanguinity between ethnic/religious populations and geographical regions. There also were significant differences for proportions of consanguineous marriages between Shi’a and Sunni populations within the same ethnic group. The highest rates of consanguineous union were in the least affluent sections of the population.�

What Girls Said 1

• Persian guys are a lot like Italian guys in looks...I think they are super! To look at I mean. So shy to meet, though.,

• Why so shy ? lol

(that rhymed ahaha)

What Guys Said 8

• I've known some girls whose families were from Iran.

Most are very attractive. A couple I can't really say, because they wear the s veil, head covering and heavy cloak. Sorry I can't remember the name of the garment. Chador, maybe?

Their brothers are considered good looking by the girls I know.

• I was about to throw out a 300 reference, but I'm glad I restrained myself...

• There are beautiful Persian women, just like with any other race or ethnicity

• Well girls dressed up on a burka or covered head to toe excep the eyes is totally sexy, muslim relgion, honour killings, control of women, can't be with a male unless family member is present, inbreeding, rape within marriage not proscribed.

• You sir, are a complete idiot. Being persian doesn't necessarily mean that you are muslim. way to look like an inbred retard yourself.

• persian girls are hot

• if your a persian female holla I am a hot persian male

• They got there asses kicked by the Spartans. Just saying. lol

Anyway, I don't find the Persian women any more or less attractive than any other ethnicity to be honest.

• "This is Sparta!" haha

• Sry... I had 2... :) But I'll answer the Q, I find that persian guys can be very attractive. (sry about the strange way of responding, whole via comment thing lol)

• good question if your persian meet me leave me a meesage with your username we can be mate's. I am persian don't worry I am attractive

• Lol I'm not persian, I do find most persian girls gorgeous tho