As you grow older, do you think you should start dressing more conservative?

so should women still wear short booty shorts at 40, along with belly showing tanks?
Should men still wear jeans with lots of holes in them, and the boxers showing along with wife beaters at 50?
or should you think that a men or women, as they grow up they should start dressing more conservative?

• yes, no more teen like clothes
  • nah, I can dress in whatever I want

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, mostly because trendy clothes don't look good on older people. Imagine someone your dad's age dressing like a fuck boy, wouldn't that be weird?

That doesn't mean you have to look bad but there is a time when you have to dress like an adult.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes... Why? Because as you get older your priorities change... You turn rolemodels for the younger generations and as such you should lead by example... Don't get me wrong I do believe in freedom of choice... And yes you have every right to choose what you want to wear at any age...

However do you really want to have a 20 years old kid and still be wearing booty shorts?

What Guys Said 17

• "conservative"? Ehk.
    Pre-worn jeans. *eyerolls* , that trend need to stay in the early 2000s. Especially when the guy's not a skater , not a BMX rider , and the closest thing he does that would worn his jeans is by washing it too frequently.
    That's not called a "young look" , that's called "I live in a trailer park and I smoke 20 lines of cocaine everyday" look.

Anyway. Nah. Dress in a way that flatters how you look. If you're 40 but still looks 20 , carry it gurl , dude! If you're 20 but looks 50, well whatever floats your goat that ain't none of my business.

If you're young at heart do what you want to do!

• I've gone backwards. I used to dress conservative in basic, kind of bland clothes. But in the last couple of years I've been wearing more lets say interesting clothes that involve many styles and I switch up the clothing types. sometimes I wear normal white kid clothes or I wear a mix of hollister with punk clothes like band tees (with normal jeans) or skinny jeans with Bright colored hollister preppy shirts or with the graphics. Just depends on what I feel like wearing that day.

• Depends on who you want to be. Personally I like the conservative look but I think clothing is a good expression of who you are. You can be conservative and still make yourself desirable to men but I assume if you're married you will be dressed to impress your man. Or maybe he likes showing off the gal he got. I personally don't like meeting a girl who dresses conservatively but turns out not to be conservative at all

• I'll always wear jeans, shorts, t-shirts, flannel, cross-trainers. I'll roll my eyes and make occasional exceptions for job interviews, weddings, and funerals. But that is just the way it is going to be from now until death do I part.

• Do you still have the body for it? Then go for it!

• I think conservative even young ages, dont have to dress revealing to attract attention or gain acknowledgement

• I never thought of this and have a hard time picturing myself dressed conservative, I just go with what looks and feels good on me. I can see your point tho, some more examples would be great.

• My style of clothing is already quite classic/old fashioned so I think I'l be good till death.

• People should dress conservatively all the time. However I notice older women who are out of shape wearing tight yoga pants, short skirts and tank tops and my eyes just water from it.

That said men and women can where whatever they want.

• Still an old hippie

• no you can dress as whatever the fuck you want.

• Nah, I dress in however I want. That's why I still wear band t-shirts even though I'm 26.

• Gavin mcinnes explained this greatly.

• Not by choice. There is a dress code

• Not conservative but not child like.

• Yeah maybe, or it won't look right. Example and older lady trying to act all cool wearing young girl clothes and acting all wild. It's annoying

What Girls Said 9

• I won't dress more conservatively, however I won't dress in the same style as I do now, and either way who knows what kind of fashion there will be when Im 40+.
    Im always gonna wear what I think look the best on me and what I think looks nice, no matter what people think of it.

• yes u will. eventually those clothes will become a burden to put on or untangle prior to putting on.

• my mom is 39 and is still looking hot af in her booty shorts... so I just think people should wear whatever makes them comfy.

• imma be dressing moderately conservatively all my life. i dont care what other people think of that.

• My taste in clothes and what looks flattering will have probably changed.

• yes i think so

• I think people can wear what they like, but I think if a 50 year old lady is dressing like how a teenager would, she's kind of.. immature? Or, still thinks she's hot enough to do so.. (I know a lady that age who does this).. not my problem, but I hope she realizes that people do stare & laugh, because she is not hot.. at all. She even dyes her VERY curly hair lime green. I guess she wants to feel young again. Whatever makes you happy.

• Some stuff like booty shorts ya stop but belly shirts are amazing at any age

• Nope, as long as you're not obese to the point it looks bad, you can dress how you feel comfortable.

• People should wear anything they want to wear at any ages