Should I get a facial piercing? If so what kind would look best?

I am 17 but have always had the problem of being mistaken for younger than my age. Yes, I know I look 13 and not 17 you don't need to point it out. I have always loved how facial piercings look and wanted to get one for a long time. Only one of my parents hates the idea, but since I'll be 18 in under 6 months she knows she can't stop me. I know how to care for piercings as I have had my ears done before and know friends with body piercings, the only one I will abstain from is a tounge because of the risk for neurological infection. I'm slightly concerned about looking too much like a lesbian since that seems to be what everyone assumes I am when they realise I'm not prepubescent, but honestly anything is worth not being treated lesser than my peers due to my young appearence.

Most Helpful Girl

• Avoid an eyebrow piercing as well. You can give yourself a palsy if they don't get it in exactly the right place.

Most Helpful Guy

• A piercing will only make you look like a 13 year old trying to act 22.

Dress like a man and be thankful that you age slowly.

What Girls Said 7

• nose ring! would look really good on you 😉

• I'd say a lip piercing on either side of your lower lip. I myself have one and I love it~ sides, you have very nice lips and a thin hoop would accentuate them :)

• The only piercings I like on guys usually are nose piercings. :) I wouldn't personally recommend getting a lip piercing (unless you consider yourself "emo" or "alternative" and are sure you can pull it off)

• Maybe a septum piercing?

• Eyebrow or nose hoop

• Eyebrow piercing would look good.

• You look way too young. But if you want one, I suggest getting an eyebrow piercing.

17 is not too young for a piercing in my opinion

What Guys Said 5

• I think an eyebrow piercing might work for you.

• If you're getting it to look older then no. A facial piercing won't make you look any older.

• You would look good with an eyebrow piercing

• I can't stand piercings. And no, it won't make you look older.

• I don't think it will make you look any older, but if you like it go ahead and get one.