Girls, Is this common when you get this?

So today at my work I over heard a couple of costumers that were right infornt of the youth bra section (for the record one of the ways to get into the back room is literally in the aisle across from it) so I just got done taking a flatbed cart to the back and I see a man standing infront and I over heard them as they were heading back to the front of the store, that it was his daughter's first bra. While the mom was lecturing her about it. is it common for dads to sometimes join in on bra shopping (especially when the girl is just getting started wearing one)?

• Yes i had my dad with me
    22% (4)
  • No men allowed during shopping
    78% (14)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

9

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the family dynamic. There are single dads and gay dads out there that need to take their daughter shopping for a bra, if they want or if the daughter wants them to be there. They could turn to another female family member or friend, but it's up to them if they want their dad there. My dad was not there.

What Girls Said 8

• Personally, when i went bra shopping with my mum, it was just me and my mum. My parents are quite traditional. So when it was men's duties the men would do them and if there were female duties, the females would do them. I know it's a bit outdated, but in the end my dad didn't go bra shopping with my mum and myself in the end (first bra shopping)

• I seriously rather go with my dad than my mom. She is very ignorant about bras, sizing, etc. while my dad isn't because he can't say "but I know this because I wear bras". And personally, my dad understands better the sizing system than my mom.
    I needed YEARS to figure out what bra size should I wear because my mom refused to buy me bras which had a bigger cup than B. 😑

• My dad probably wouldn't even consider going shopping for clothes with me, so he's not there when my mom and I go bra shopping. However it's not unheard of for a dad to be there. I dont think it's that weird either unless the girl is old enough to get her own bra.

• it was just me and mom

• We didn't take my dad but it doesn't matter for me cause we get on so well with my dad i wouldn't be embarrassed or anything. I still remember my first one was from Marks & Spencer the "angel collection" lol

• 'not allowed' Is a bit over the top. Personally, I know my dad doesn't like shopping, and tries to avoid the awkwardness of buying stuff like lingerie. It's not that weird, but most dads wouldn't do it.

• Of course it's common. Why wouldn't it be?

• I'm sure some people do this, but my dad was never present for bra shopping. Or most other shopping trips, for that matter.