Is there anything I can do make my hair grow fast?

I totally regret cutting my hair short. Is there anything I can do to make it grow quicker. I want my long hair back!

Most Helpful Girl

• Make some dietary changes. Hair consists of protein (because hair is keretinized protein) so be sure that you are getting enough. Incorporate foods from all food groups - especially protein. Nuts, poultry, vegetables, fruits, grains, eggs, etc. all contribute to hair health. Bacon is a hair superfood because of the B-Complex vitamins and protein. Consider taking a daily vitamin supplement. There are many options on the market nowadays. Research the multi-vitamins which may work best for you. Other vitamins and minerals that are believed to contribute to hair growth are: biotin, beta-carotene, biosil, b complexes, magnesium, sulfur, zinc, silica, nettle, and flaxseed oil (Biotin and MSM are ingredients every hair vitamin should contain). Stimulate blood flow to your scalp. One of the two main ways is by doing cardio. There are many benefits to cardio - staying fit, being healthier, glowing skin, and increased blood flow, which can get rid of strange hues that some people get on their legs and increase hair growth. The other main way of stimulating blood flow is by massaging your scalp. Take the tips of your fingers and massage your scalp all over, for about 5 minutes. Do not over brush your hair and NEVER use a bristled brush, as this will tear and damage your hair. Do not brush your hair when it is wet. Wet hair is very elastic and prone to breakage.Do not over wash your hair. The oils that your scalp produces can be beneficial to the health of your hair. If you wash your hair every day, consider skipping a day or only using conditioner one day instead of both shampoo and conditioner. Shampooing everyday may be necessary for oily hair, but normal hair can get by with shampooing about 2-4 times a week, and dry hair is best when you shampoo about 1-2 a week. Curly hair (types 3A-4C) can be shampooed as little as once a week, to once every two weeks, because curly hair tends to be dryer. Use a shampoo/conditioner that is right for your hair. For instance, if you have dry, frizzy hair, you should not be using products designed for oily hair. Look into using a leave-in conditioner and/or hot oil treatments. Avoid excessively hot water as well as blow dryers and curling irons.

Other then that, you need to be very patient. Make sure you get your hair trimmed at least once a month, which will make your hair grow faster. I'd also recommend using Olive oil - massage it on before going to bed and take a shower in the morning. It stimulates hair growth and keeps them shinny and healthy. It works amazingly! It works! Give these tips a shot.

Good luck! I hope your hair grows faster! lol

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• vitamin b, silica, horsetail extract are a few things that help

• Mane and Tail. It is horse shampoo and conditioner that strengthens and helps it grow fast. Also take hair, skin, and nail vitamins. Your hair will only grow a 1/2 inch a month pending on your genes. It worked for me. For now, get clip on extensions from Sally Beauty.

• Take Biotin. Biotin is the protein compound in prenatal pills that makes nails and hair grow fast. Don't take the prenatal multivitamin though cause I believe its too much vitamin B that can make you sick and that can happen with those when not pregnant folks take pregnant folk pills.

• you should keep getting only the ends trimmed I don't know why but your hair will grow much faster.

• Why do people keep saying that???? Hair grows from the root, trimming the ends every 4, or 6, 0r 8 weeks does not help it grow. It removes the dead ends, which means less split ends. And less split ends means less hair breakage. On average, hair grows 1/2 inch to 1 inch a month, depends on the person. Ever notice how kids' hair seems to grow like weeds, even though they don't get all the vitamins and nutrients they need. My son's hair grows so fast I have to cut it every three weeks.

• When you get older, you stop growing. I think your hair slows down at that time, and when you're over like, 30 your hair grows really slow. my mom tried to grow out her hair for like, 3 years and she only got it to grow like an inch. my hair grows pretty slow too, like 3 inches a year. my older sister's hair grows rapidly for some reason! like a inch and a half a month. I'm not sure, it just takes time, don't wash it too much and let the natural oils set in.