Why am I going grey at age 16?

I take care of my hair and everything, I don't see why this is happening :(

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad got gray young too, you should embrace it. People dye their hair gray nowadays.

What Girls Said 6

• maybe stress? genetics? or chemical stuffs used on your hair?

• It could be genetics too... as in, if it runs in your family.

• If you're not stressed or malnourished, it's due to genetics. Going grey can look very good! Look at Anderson Cooper.

• Could be genetics or stress. I had friend years ago who noticed a couple grey hairs at age 14! Also if you have naturally dark hair you tend to grey faster.

• I'd consider it pretty cool if I were in your position.

• Going grey is awesome! I don't think anyone finds that uncool. It's such a cool look. Embrace it!

What Guys Said 4

• Predisposition to greying. Some people bald earlier, some people grey. I started having greys in my beard when I was 20 and every now and then a few pop up in my hair.

• Genetics. I went to school with a kid who started getting grey hair towards the end of middle school / beginning of high school, by the time we graduated he was probably 50-60% grey hair.

You could dye your hair if it bothers you, or embrace it and just accept that it's part of your appearance. Grey doesn't have to be a bad thing, though it doesn't quite do the same to a guys appearance at 16 as it might in your 30's or 40's or later...

• I started getting a few gray hairs when i was like 17 now im 21 and you can notice is easily i never really research it but i think its a lack of (B) vitamin and minerals deficiency.

• Don't worry that much, it's better that than going bald