What can I do to improve my nails?

I've never gone for a manicure, and am pretty active and outdoorsy, especially when I was young, so I'm sure my nails aren't in the best shape. I'm just wondering what needs to be done to improve the appearance and overall health of them?What can I do to improve my nails?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have normal hands and nails. All you need is a cuticle pusher. All but your pinky finger need it. Do it after a bath or shower when the cuticle and nails are softened, it only takes a few seconds, it doesn't hurt, and it improves the appearance of your nails a LOT.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your nails look just fine but it's always good to take care of them. There are tons of nail care products you could try. From nail serums to cuticle oils.
    http://www.sephora.com/nail-treatments
    Also, treat yourself and get a manicure from time to time. File them and let a professional take care of your cuticles, so you don't hurt yourself. Last but not least, coat them with nail polish whenever you feel like it, nail polish alone can make a whole lot difference.

What Guys Said 2

• The skin growing over the nail can go I guess.

• Looks healthy to me. Just not fixed up in girly fashion.

What Girls Said 9

• They look okay, although you could grow them a little longer, or add some nail polish if you wanted.

I am an art person, so my nails get covered in paint and clay all the time. They chip and break, which makes them look terrible. I have been using a green tea nail strengthener from Walgreens (I buy online) that helps with the constant chipping, as it makes my nails stronger.
    It also helps with any yellowish discolouration nails can get, and with strengthening, helps nails grow longer too!

I use this green tea stuff every other day and then after about a week I began to notice a difference. My nails are more glossy, they aren't so dull looking and are stronger, which is great. :]

• You have nice nails, just need to let them grow a little... Jello is your friend when it comes to nail and hair as the gelatine helps :)

• Let them grow out a little. I'd recommend putting a clear top coat of nail polish on them to keep them strong.

• Don't bite them, it weakens them, let them grow out a little more. You can coat them with a clear protective nail polish. You can also scrape off the visible cuticle (the stuff peeling off).

• I get mine done 💅🏻

• Your nails don't look unhealthy. You probably don't need a manicure.

• For starters, stop biting them :p.

• Stop biting them and let them grow

• Eat healthy, and don't bite them. 😊