Men, how did you feel when you first saw yourself in a suit? Women, a dress?

Men, what did you think when you first saw what you look like in a suit?

Women, what did you think when you first saw yourself in a dress?

Men, how did you feel when you first saw yourself in a suit?  Women, a dress?

Most Helpful Girl

• In general pretty good. But once I almost started crying with happiness in the dressing room because it looked so cute. And it had been a very long time since I felt feminine.

Why's that?

@Dave20154 Some type of dresses.

Like what?

Most Helpful Guy

• I just read an article that highlighted these points:

-Wearing a suit makes you your brain think differently.
    A great suit illuminates confidence. People treat me so differently when I wear a suit versus when I do not wear a suit. Today at the bank, I was dressed down in khakis and a linen shirt and the bank teller (nosey as always) asks 'Where is your suit today?' I responded: It's at the tailor.

Moreover, the way that people treat you may directly effect how you think. When you are more confident then your success rate may increase.

According to the Wall Street Journal, a sample size of employees have implied that men who wear suits have a higher profit margin than those who wear suits to work.

Source: www.wsj.com/.../why-dressing-for-success-leads-to-success-1456110340

-Wearing a suit is a sign of success
    Look at the people who wear suits. They are all successful. Go to church and the people wearing a suit are usually ones who have 'made it' but the ones who are in casual clothes or slouches are the ones who have no money. News anchors wear suits.

What Girls Said 17

• I was literally 3 years old or so when I first wore a dress so I don't exactly recall every moment lol

• Haha I was surprised how good it looked. =)
    A formal gown - for prom - loved it. It might've had something to do with the fact that I also designed it, so... kind of like a dream come true.

• Taken aback since I don't typically wear dresses, haha. I'm getting more used to them now, though.

• I dunno... I was just a kid

• *in a funny voice* I look good XD

• I've worn dresses since I was a baby. I like to mix up styles, but a nice fitted dress will always be in style, and I think I look good in them.

• I concur with Mr. Ron Burgundy. A well fitted dress looks nice.

• I don't remember, because I wore dresses since I was a newborn lol

• Don't know when I was younger I used to only wear dress and never pants so

What caused the change?

@Dave20154 My parents force me to wear it because I was always sick during winter. Winter are pretty rude where I live for a little child.

• I've never worn a suit but when i see a man in a well tailored suit i basically wanna bang every time lol

• That I'm hot

• I haven't worn a dress in years, I can't remember when I wore a dress lol.

• I can't remember because I think I was wearing dresses from when I was a baby lol

• I felt like the dress was too short for me lol

• Most girls are put into dresses starting as as toddlers, so we don't think much of it.

• I was like "wow, I can be pretty"

Did you have doubts about it before?

So how do you feel about all that now?

I think I'm just kinda average, but when I make the effort I can look really really good. Sometimes I do wish I was one of those girls who could be bothered and actually enjoys dressing really nice and doing my hair all the time and stuff, but as it is I'm usually just really casual. At least when I do get dressed up its more of a surprise for everybody haha.

• I was a baby, I don't remember, but if you mean like an espectacular dress for a special event, for example in my graduation dress, which was similar to what you'd see in a red carpet, I almost cried, it was so perfect and also what it meant

How much did you spend on a dress, you'd only wear once (graduation dress)?

@Dave20154 well I'm not that type of girl, I hate wasting money, and I live in Europe

Why did you try and tag me, you're anonymous, It doesn't work that way

What Guys Said 5

• I don't really remember. I once wore a suit when I was 2 years old (I don't remember where I was going, a wedding maybe).

• I was 13 at the time and felt dorky. Like this is how grown ups dress.
    Now I wear one every day and yeah I kill it

• When I first saw myself in a suit, I was pretty young and it was itchy and uncomfortable.

• All I know is that I look good

• "Damn I look good" 😉