Did my Jordans and haircut changed everyone's perspective of me?

On my first day of sophomore year in high school, I wore the same style I had the year before usually a t shirt with some obscured text or picture on it, joggers, but I change my shoes to wear black and blue Jordans True Flight. I got a good haircut because I used to have an afro that looks like nappy. Now I got the haircuts the other boys have the Twist Hair. The kids who bullied me the year before started to act like we were friends and so. Girls who had rejected me, verbally abuse me, and ignore my texts started to try to talk to me, flirt, feel on me, hold my hand and hug me like they had "missed me" all through the summer but never made any effort to talk to me. The popular kids I thought was my friends in 8th grade and laughed at my haircut in 9th grade tried to invite me into their clique. Did just changing my haircut and shoes really shows how fake a person is? What should I do if they do it next time?

What Girls Said 3

• Your shift in style made you more like them (appearance-wise). Before, they didn't see you as being the same as them, and rejected you because of it. Now you're on equal footing. It means you're a totally cool person, and be happy that people are finally seeing that. But, be careful who you become friends with. That same thing happened to me in middle school, so I have a bit of an idea what you're going through. The people who were your friends before (and, in the future, people like those friends), are the ones you want to hang onto. Leave all of the fake people alone. They're not worth it.

• Yes, of course. There are so many people who claim that they do not care about the clothing style of other people, but the ugly truth is that they care. They care and they don't even realize it.

• Superficially it could. But when you walk with confidence people will notice

What Guys Said 0