I want to dye my hair red. Can someone help me with this?

I want to dye my hair red but I am afraid that people will make fun of me. I am a boy. Also should I do it at home or go to a salon?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't pay much attention to what other people think about you. If you want to try a new hair colour, than go for it! Red hair can look great on guys, if you're really concerned about people teasing you about it, keep it a duller / subtle red, as apposed to something bright and bold that you can see from 3 miles away.

Red is a fantastic hair colour. I've had red hair (2 different shades) in the past, some colour does wash out in the first few washes (even permanent colour) however it seems to last a long time. I recommend going to a salon to get it done. Box colour is fine, but a salon do looks much better and they have higher quality products so your hair doesn't get so damaged.

I'm sure you can pull it off. Give it a try!

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for it man. Who cares what other people will think about it, if you don't do it because of what the other kids will think then trust me you'll regret not having fun with stuff like this when you're older.

Besides, most people honestly could care less what you wear or how you dye or style your hair.

What Girls Said 4

• Definitely go to a salon and if you're afraid people are gonna make fun of you then don't dye it. Guys with dyed hair are supposed to have incredible self confidence.

• Do it at a salon it will be a safer and much better job.

I have done loads of diffrenet colours of hair at my salon and red is by far the colour the nets the best results

Leopard spots and zebra/tiger stripes look cool too

• If I were you I'd go to a salon. You can go for a very dark red which, to me would look cool and different.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...00f633f4d8.jpg

• You should have your hair how you want it <3 . If you just want it kind of natural looking red then there's pretty easy kits to do it at home. Bleaching first to get it super bright it trickier to do so I'd recommend going to a salon if you have the cash.
    There's nothing wrong with dying your hair as a boy :) . My brother's hair is blue atm and about to go purple haha

What Guys Said 1

• Do it yourself man. You can never go wrong doing things by yourself. Also dye it yellow instead of red, you will look cooler