Hair dye Help for a beginner plz?

i plan on dying my hair for the first time and a bit worried but adamant on doing this cause... yolo right ;P. So i'm Asian and have black hair and want to achieve a blue colour, which i know will require bleaching a few times probs, i have medium short hair. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or something on doing this at home. I've looked online and thought about getting these products, what do u think? links: Dye product and bleach product. Are these products any good? Thanks for ur help guys :D

3mo by the way there is no way i can afford going to a salon, i consulted with a few salons and the price averages around £70 :0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love Manic Panic! I've been dying my hair half my life and can tell you these products will work. The bleach you should leave on for about an hour at most. You have virgin hair (never been dyed) so an hour at most will work however if you want your hair to stay blue longer (it is semi permanent) use a blow dryer after applying the dye. Then wrap your head with plastic wrap and a shower cap and sleep with it on. When you wake up rinse your hair. It really helps to leave it in for many hours and the natural heat from your head and the cap will help soak in the color to your hair. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• My daughter does that with her hair and she goes to cosmetology school. She said with black hair, it's likely to be an 8 hour process and cost upwards of $300-$400. Because to get to the point where you can go to blue, you have to go from black to red hair first to eventually get to the point where the blue will look right. This is something you likely want a professional to do. I understand it's really easy to damage your hair if you do it wrong.

What Girls Said 5

• With naturally black hair, when you bleach it - it will most definitely go orange. It will need a hella lot of bleach to get it to go to the right colour in order for the blue to be effective. I would really recommend going to the salon and getting it done - but I know that can be £££.

But as you're 'adamant', I would probably say to not rush the process - let your hair relax between each bleach. Deep condition the shit out of it and if you see your hair becoming too damaged - then just stop.

Also, I haven't got a clue about the products you showed me - but I'm pretty sure Blue Banana sell pretty decent products though. I got my nose pierced in one of their shops hehe

Eeek, good luck

• Manic panic has always worked out good for me , just make sure that your hair is porous (which means freshly washed without conditioner) before you apply it , and leave it on for several hours to make the color stay. Manic Panic is natural and conditioning so its not gonna damage your hair , the bleach will though. If you're bleaching it at home I reccomend doing a bleach wash which is the bleach mixed together with some shampoo, its more gentle then just straight bleach on your hair , Also make sure to really condition and care for your hair after bleach because the bleach is going to be quite damaging

• I would recommend going to a salon to get your hair dyed. The problem with your hair is like what every one else said. you're going to need to bleach it to get the blue to really show. Using bleach if you dont know what you're doing can possibly damage your hair but scalp as well if you leave it on too long. Gonna cost a bit of money but hey. At least you will have the results you want without the risk.

• Dude, prepare yourself for failure. Odds are that it will turn orange first time you bleach it. Also, you will end up ruining your hair, but it's your decision after all.

• You don't need to and shouldn't bleach multiple times, once is enough and less damaging.
    I have black hair. I bleach once, it goes whitish, then I dye.
    Manic panic or Crazy colour are two of the most popular and easy to use and come in kits with everything you need.

If i were you though, I'd look on YouTube for tutorials since you've never done it before. There are tons.

http://www.beeunique.co.uk

You can also get an idea of what it'll turn out like on here. They have nearly all colours and examples from most brands.

What Guys Said 0