I'm thinking about getting my ears pierced and stretching them out to be about a 0 or a little under. I'm not a punk kid or a 'scene' kid or anything like that I just like how they look and always wanted to gauge my ears. would you say yay or nay. regardless I'm probably going to do it I just wanted to see if people would hate on the fact that I gauged my ears (: k thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I say go for it. 0g is a pretty decent size, and your ears will still likely go back to normal if you ever decide you don't like them anymore. Especially if your lobes end up being fairly elastic. I've had mine stretched for about four years, and I've settled at 00g for the past two. I find that people who don't like the idea of stretched ears also don't really know the first thing about the process or the specifics, so that tends to sway their opinions aversely. You'll probably have to wait a good six months at least though after you get them pierced [and maybe you can have them pierced at a larger gauge than normal initially], before you can safely start stretching. Trying to stretch a still-healing piercing can be nasty business.

• I don't think I would get them pierced at a larger guage than normal just because that would hurt like a bitch and there's more of a chance if I take them out that they won't heal up right. my friend had 00's and they are a little much, for me anyway. I know id have to wait a while for them to heal before I start stretching so I think il get them done soonly,

What Girls Said 6

• I'm not a fan. It's really a matter of personal preference, and mine is that they look weird and out-there.

• do ittttt, they're hot

• I think gauges are gross. And potentially dangerous because you could get hooked.

• uh I find it pretty attractive.

(:

• Nay, you'll regret it later.

• Personally, I don't like them that much. I think it's attractive when guys have pierced ears but a lot tend to get out of hand with the gauges to the point where I is unflattering.

What Guys Said 6

• Stopping at 0 will most likely cause no long term damage, as long as you don't keep them until all elasticity in your ear remains. I began stretching about ten years ago. I reached an 1" and faced some complications requiring me to remove them. They shrank down far faster and smaller than I expected them to, smaller than a 0. That is an incredible amount of surface area lost. However, everyone is different. The best advise I can give is go slow and be patient with stretches. I have yet to meet someone who said "I wish I stretched min faster and blew my lobes out."

• If you are going to stretch your ears then you should make sure that you're doing it properly. You should check out this guide to make sure you don't screw up your ears. link

Also since you know you want to stretch from the beginning you might want to get pierced at a larger gauge so it takes less time to get to your goal size.

• as dumb as getting a tattoo on your face

• Those are two completely different things and totally irrelevant in comparison.

• Lol oh sh*t your from jersey where at?

• Permanent damage? Nay.

Look terrible imho too, but that's just my opinion. My piercings were always enough for me.

• Doesn't affect me, soknock yoursel fout lol.

P.S. Nice flaps :]

• no