Why some people edit their photos to the max?

To the point that you barely see their nose. I am not sure if this is my observation but most of the time these people are those with darker skin or other unknown flaws.

Most Helpful Guy

• to look better than they really appear

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're insecure and have low self esteem I assume.
    I don't see the point though, wouldn't you just not put a photo up at all?

What Guys Said 4

• ". . . but most of the time these people are those with darker skin or other unknown flaws."
    If someone has darker skin how is that "unknown"? And why would that be an "other unknown flaw"? Do you really consider darker skin to be a "flaw"?

No. Other flaws here mean perhaps they have skin problem or blemishes. I don't consider being dark as a flaw which is why I don't understand why they do that. I'm just saying the people who often do this tend to be those with darker skin tone.

• Not really sure, likely an attempt to appear more attractive than they actually are.

I for one only edit my erections out of photos.

Does it enhance the features?

• because theyre insecure obviously

• It makes their skin looks "flawless" since the brightness covers their blemish.. It just says they suck at editing. Oh well

What Girls Said 5

• i know what you mean here and honestly i don't get it too

• I thought this phase was over after 2010 :p I don't see anyone on my Social Media doing this anymore :x

• Lmao so they look hotter. I know a lot of Chinese girls who do that

• I dunno you tell me

• And probably wish to hide their face identity.