Do guys care how a girl dresses up?

I like to wear comfortable clothes, like cute dresses, comfortable shorts and overall, anything that makes me feel comfortable but nothing conservative.
But then I see girls who wear extremely short dresses, short shorts, and a little more revealing clothes. I don't mind if someone wears revealing clothes, but the point is,

1.) Should I try wearing more revealing clothes, too, because that would make me seem cooler, somehow?

2.) While choosing a girl, to date do you specifically incline towards girls who wear sexier clothes?

Most Helpful Guy

• I specifically find less revealing clothes sexier. When warn in public.

If you're looking to reveal all in an evening, by all means start as close to that as possible. But if you'd prefer to spend a bit longer with someone before that happens, save the revealing for later.

Clothing can also be used to shape the body to your advantage. If you start stripped down, there's less you can do with that.

I like relationships. Women who expose a lot of skin in public give me the impression that they don't.

Most Helpful Girl

• How does dressing revealing make you seem cool?

Just dress in whatever you like to wear and wear it with confidence. Personally I don't give a fuck what guys think about what I wear, I do wear revealing clothes but that's just my style, although i do carry myself and wear it with confidence rather than in insecurity or an attention seeking way.

What Guys Said 10

• No, I honestly don't care about what she wears provided it's not dirty or completely out of fashion. If a girl wears clothes that aren't revealing I'd be more likely to see her as girlfriend material. Anyways, I'm mainly looking at her face.. If I'm attracted to her face that's the most important thing... Probably makes up like 90% of initial attraction for me.

I see. Well, that makes sense. Thank you. :)

• I'd have to see... in general, if you look decent and I can see your figure, I'm happy. if I see a box or nothing, and the pattern is 60's ugly... and I've seen a girl wear that, then its kinda gross.

• Too much revealing is actually bad. I personally don't like it.
    I like them to wear traditional more decent dresses. It is more about your conduct than your dress. I would not want to date or even talk with someone who has boys all around her and she wears small dresses regardless of other things. Nothing cultural because many people like these types but I sure don't in my own area.

• I like a girl who wears something that looks good on her. This might be a nice dress or it might be yoga pants and an activewear top.

• I actually like girls who dress conservatively, I even find girls who bundle up in the winter to be cute. I think you should dress how you like and there will be a guy out there to find you!

• Doesn't matter to me... I love a girl for who she is not for what she wears...

• As long as she has her own fashion sense that looks good, then it's all good.

• yea, as a guy I can say you that dress is a matter but the main factor is the real you.

But the question is, if two girls have got a good fashion sense, but one likes to dress up in a bit more modest or cute way, and the other one is a little more bold or revealing when it comes to fashion, does any of it really affect your choice?

There is no strait answer for this because every guy has his own choice.. Some guy finds girl wearing modest and cute dress very attractive while other prefer revealing one. But I still repeat dress is not the main factor that attracts more when a guy looks at a girl.

• The best thing to do, is to dress for your best asset, show it off, but then cover the rest

• Nothing is more attractive than a girl who is confident in what she's wearing. You do you and be proud of it

What Girls Said 5

• Wear what you want to wear! Whatever makes you feel good and what you're comfortable in. There's no need to dress trashy and be too revealing.
    While clothing plays a part in 'choosing a girl', it's really not that big of a deal. If you wanted to attract guys though, I've found what works for me is to show a little bit of skin/accentuate *one* of your assets (i. e. really nice legs, small waist etc), but nothing all at once.
    Keep them guessing, and keep it classy!

• Yes and no. They will say no. But we know you can look a LOT better if you are good at fashion. So yes they do care, but don't realize that they care.

I am good at fashion, but I tend to prefer more comfortable clothes, like dresses which are up to mid-thighs and shorts which are comfortable. I think extremely short clothes look good, too! But I am just awkward at carrying such short dresses and clothes.

I think you should be fine then. Guys can appreciate a good looking girl. If you want to look hotter you will attract different type of guys. If you want to experiment, go for it!

• Yes men are visual they like to see a woman dress nice , this could mean a nice tshirt and freshly washed pants. They dont want to see you look like you just rolled out of bed with a messy top and crazy looking hair.

• Wear what makes you feel comfortable

• No in general, just don't go to extremes like dressing like an obvious thot/emo/hippy you name it