Can I use super glue on acrylic nails?

So I have a first world problem, I have acrylic nails on but the one on my thumb just fell off and tomorrow's my first day of school so I don't want to have a whole nail missing until I can go get it fixed. I was wondering, is it okay to just glue it back on with super glue? What If I apply on clear nail polish first so it doesn't attach to my actual nail & it's safer?

Most Helpful Guy

• After a bit of quick googling it can be done yes.
    Superglue and nail glue are both cyanoacrylate but bare in mind , the concentration is VERY different , the large bonding area between your acrylic nail and even if you apply on clear nail polish it's not guaranteed it'll come off without a fight. So... maybe just get it fixed. Or wear mittens.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't use super glue nail is basically skin and super glue has very toxic stuff in it. Never use super glue on anything with body. Just get plaster or something and pit it on finger.

What Guys Said 4

• Generally speaking super glue is toxic, so I wouldn't. Not only that but it could really mess up the look of your natural nail and could be a PITA to get off. I'm sure some cosmetology store has special glue made to use on nails.

• it's the same shit they use in the shops.

• Yep apply nail polish first then I guess it won't harm

• This question has ghetto written all over it.

Hahaha okay yeah but your answer's not helpful at all so why even respond?

What Girls Said 5

• As long as the glue does not touch any skin, otherwise you may need surgery afterwards to remove. And solvents will detach the glue.

• Is it French tip or is the whole nail paints a certain color? If it's French tip don't bother, it'll look horrible but if it's colored go ahead. I've done it before

• Bad idea

• Run to the store anx get nail glue

• My mother is a nail technician and she says it's fine.