Girls, Need help figuring out what clothes would go good with this jacket. Can you give a little insighr?

This is pretty much a part 2 to my first question two weeks ago on here. Anyway I ordered a new leather jacket offline that was a different cut than the previous one I had. I can wear anything hooded with it due to the raised collar. I'm on the fence on certain things it goes good with and want to get more use out of it than just with dress shirts. Any help would be appreciated.

3mo Here's what it looks like... http://m. macys. com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-hipster-leather-jacket? ID=2361621&swatchColor=Black

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean... this answer is sort of off-topic, but, it gives me pain deep in mah heart and soul to think that you paid THAT much money for... a second-line MK jacket.
    Like, it's not even MK mainline, it's "Michael Michael Kors". That's their junior varsity line, in other words. (Like Emporio or Armani Jeans, versus the actual Giorgio Armani line... I mean, down a step from those, but, you get the picture.)

You can get a MUCH nicer leather jacket for around the same price on yoox.

Here's a link to their selection of men's leathers. Make sure you have time to siddown, because it'll take a while to go through it all:
    www.yoox.com/.../dept=clothingmen&gender=U&page=1&attributes=%7b%27ctgr%27%3a%5b%27gbbttpll%27%5d%7d&season=X

Their size conversions can be sort of wonky, too (you can pm me for help there if you need it). But, for the love of God get yrself a *NICE* leather jacket. Not a 2nd line jacket from an American brand.

__

In response to yr actual question:

The point is to continue the contours made by the collar of the jacket itself.

If the jacket has a ROUNDED, bomber-type collar -- as that one does -- then you'll want to wear a shirt that also has a round collar, so that there isn't a weird disconnect between the shirt and the jacket.
    • Normal crewneck T-shirt (NOT a V-neck t-shirt)
    • Henley (DO NOT button the top button, or, I swear, I will come haunt you)
    • Thin crewneck sweater, if the weather gets cold

You get the idea, play it up.

If you get a jacket with more of the Perfecto style (traditional motorcycle jacket style), then that's more of an angular look, so you'd want to style that with a V-neck or a button-down. Which is also angular.

No I didn't pay thst much for it. I paid around $270 w/tax. I got it on sale then they had an additional promotion on the side.

The perfectos are nice but it's not my style. It doesn't fit me at all. Those European jackets don't do it for me. They look cheap and I don't trust those websites. I was looking for this exact style of jacket. I looked for a while because I had the cafe racer one before with a removable vest and it wasn't easy to find stuff to wear with. So I wore it maybe 30 times at most the past two years before just got rid of it because I put on a little weight and outgrew it.

I do appreciate what you said though. I'll have to look for the things you said next weekend when labor days sales start.

Tx for the MHLuv <3

What Girls Said 10

• I'm not a fan of leather jackets with a v neck shirt, unless it's a sweater with an undershirt also. I think a T shirt would be fine, jeans. Leather jackets go with a lot. I'm also not a fan of it being paired with a nice button down. Other than that it goes with a lot. Hard to mess up.

Do thicker long sleeve thermals look ok with it? I said it in an earlier opinion, the raised neck is throwing me off on how it looks with some stuff.

Yeah I think it would be fine. I actually have this coworker who looks like a surfer with almost the same jacket and he wears his with seriously everything. I can't remember a time that I saw him and thought it didn't jibe with whatever he was wearing.

Your not a fan of the button down paired with it? Interesting. What do you think looks better if you need to dress up a little?

• It's a leather jacket. Wear jeans and t-shit or jeans and a button down. Basically anything really.

• 0|0

The top one is the best one though I don't do graphic tees. The one below it isn't bad but that's a totally different style of jacket. The other two are just too hipster.

The first photo was pretty good as well

I'm not the rocker style. I dress the total opposite. I have hooded stuff but I had a cafe racer jacket before this one so the hooded stuff looked great. This neck is longer so I can do hooded shirts without it bunching in the back. The link is under the description.

• Jeans and a t-shirt work well. It's a nice casual look.

• I'd love to help you, but I have zero fashion sense and couldn't match an outfit if my life depended on it. I can sum it up in one meme...

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55653972.jpg

I appreciate the honesty. I normally can figure things out. I'm just looking for some help. I'm stumped on colors and different t types of shirts/sweaters to wear

• I only get to the general website, so no specific jacket.

Try this.. http://m. macys. com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-hipster-leather-jacket? ID=2361621&CategoryID=3763

Yes, but no design on it. White or grey.

I have one in a darker grey. I don't do designs. I'm too ld for that haha.

• Leather jackets really tend to go best with plain things like single colour, non-patterned t-shirts.

Yea I have a hooded sweater with a pattern but outside of thst I do I have all solids. The winters in NJ can get a little cold so if I plan on getting s little use out of this I need to dress a little warmer. I should have wrote a better explanation but I didn't t know if the jacket was too casual for sweaters or not. I also wanted opinions on "____ in this color would look great with that".

• 0|0
  • It looks good with a white shirt and dark blue jeans.
    I'm sorry, I can't give you an helpful answer.

• Jeans and a t shirt... or maybe a plaid shirt