Hey ladies can any of you makeup gurus recommend a foundation for dry skin?

I'm looking for a foundation that's good for dry skin. I have normal to dry skin that's super dry around my nose so a lot of foundations cling to that area and make it look powdery.

Im also fair skinned with pink undertones.

Looking for medium to full coverage as well, and looking for something under $40, but also looking for more than just a drug store brand (tried a few, kind gave up)

a finish that isn't too dewy nor too matte is perfect as well.

For the life of me I can't find something that matches all my needs! Lol

20

Most Helpful Girl

• m.maccosmetics.com/.../Studio-Sculpt-SPF-15-Foundation

Mac Studio Sculpt Spf15 is a nice smooth foundation for dry skin comes in 19 different shades so you should find you skin tone in it... ideally though you really want see a skin clinic to
    address your dry skin issues and get the resolved which will be better in the longterm

What Girls Said 19

• Clinique foundation is amazing. You need to look at a good moisturiser though if you get dry skin. Make sure you have a good skin care routine. So always washing your skin before applying your make up. I use 'simple' moisturiser and it's amazing doesn't make my skin go flakey at all. And I use a mix between Clinique foundation and Estée Lauder foundation and they work really well for my skin. But I'd personally be looking at your skin care routine more. So make sure you're exfoliating your skin weekly especially the areas that can flake as you want to get that dead skin off. Good luck!:-)

• I have oily skin :/ But I'll say that I'm a huge fan of Mineral Wear.

My tip would be to apply the powder, then put a small amount of lotion in your hands and lightly apply to your face. It makes your face look a little more dewy after the powder :)

• I saw this question, and have never been more excited to answer!
    The best way to deal with dry skin is to moisturize. Find a good base moisturizer (not a foundation). I would recommend going to Sephora and trying a bunch of samples to see what you like. I've heard really good things about Clinique Moisture Surge. If you are looking for a moisturizing foundation, stay away from powders. The best investment would be to look into a BB or CC cream. Both have combined moisturizers and foundations. I personally use Too Faced BB Cream in "Snow Glow". I am also very fair skinned. I've also heard good things about Bobbi Brown's BB cream. Again though, Sephora will give you samples of whatever products you want. Try them out and pick the one that works best!
    Also, I'm sure that you're doing this, but one of the best ways to combat dry skin is to drink a lot of water throughout the day.
    I've been there girl! Hope this helps!

• Find a good quality "tinted" moisturizer with spf. There are a bunch right around $40 (I've used Laura Mercier) but neutrogena has one for around $12-15. (I haven't tried it)

• I have hyper sensitive dry skin. Caking only makes it that much worse. I've noticed that the Mac products really makes my skin look extra dry because it's so dense.

I use Katt Von D tattoo makeup. It's pretty breathable with good coverage if done correctly. The more you add, the cakier it gets. Just keep it light and simple.

Hydrate, and moisture!!

I'm so afraid of looking cake faced. And most of the reviews for KVD products say they're cakey lol

That's because everyone is over doing it. Honestly, I just use a pea bit and moisturizer and I'm in the clear.

Good to know :)

• The foundation i use is pretty good , it's called Chi Chi fabulous and flawless, good shade range and good coverage although I'm not sure if you can get it outside of Nz and aus. Have you tried exfoliating regularly with a scrub or a mitt and using an intensive moisturizer on your troublesome areas (I recommend aqueous bp cream)

Haven't tried that but I will! Thank you

• My skin is on the drier side and I use NARS sheer glow and YSL touche eclat foundation... Both of which are more than $40 but they're both good for my dry skin.
    I also sometimes use loreal true match lumi, which is similar in texture and coverage as the ysl one, and works well in my skin too. I got it for about $12.

I also use Mac Mineralize Timecheck lotion as my primer.

• All I can recommend is moisturizing like hell the day before applying makeup.

• I don't know if you have the store in america, but the body shop has great foundations. Anything oil based should really work though.

• Male sperm. Ma West had a man spray her face every morning to keep her skin soft and supple - and that is TRUE!

• I recommend Maybelline tinted BB creams, they're lightweight & do wonders.

• Neutrogena.
    Im not a "guru" but I think it's healthier.

• I don't know one but find somthing with moisturizer in it like all of the anti aging foundation

• Almay is bae. It's my fav

• I have dry skin and I use the Nars sheer glow and I feel that works really well for dry skin

• Tinted moisturizer. Works wonders. Takes like 2 seconds to apply and has pretty good coverage. You can either buy it in stores, but since I already had liquid foundation I just mix it with some moisturizer, rub it on my face and spray it with matte setting spray.

• I think it depends on your skin and how sensitve they are to makeup products. My skin is like that too, really dry and such. And everytime i use foundation, it flakes up even when i moisturized it first. But i have found a product that doesn't flake up my skin, bareminerals works for me. Maybe they might work for you too, so give it a try.

• I can't recommend a foundation for this, but what I could recommend is that you use olive oil on your skin for twenty minutes and then remove it using the steam method. You simply need to put super hot faucet water on a washcloth, and then position it close to your face to help remove the oil. Then, wash your face off completely with warm water. This will help nourish your skin and make it oilier. Not oily, but moisturized.

Thank you, sounds cool!

• If you have dry skin use a moisturizer before applying makeup. A primer would also be good (makes everything smooth) as for foundation try MAC studio fix, Too Faced born this way or Estee Lauder Double Matte.

I do use a moisturizer! Thanks for the suggestions I'll look them up

I think it's just a generic type of your typical cleanser. It is anti acne so it is drying unless I use moisturizer after. I've tried cream cleaners and they make my skin feel weird. So I'm still running trial and error lol

Two of my favorites are Aveeno bar soap and Cetaphil. Cetaphil works for acne but can be drying. Aveeno helps a lot with dry skin. I switch time to time between the two.