Has anyone told you that you can't cut your hair as if it's not your choice?

I'm 15 and my hair is long and pretty. But it's not the healthiest. I got layers to cut of the dead parts but it is still a little frizzy and I want change. I would look good with short hair so I want to cut it in a few months. I mean I know it's my choice and I'm going to do it anyways because hair grows back and mine grows fast. People are telling me as if I'm not ALLOWED to. It pisses me off and it's a bold change for me. People tell me excuses like "guys like long hair" or "I don't care how short you want it. You shouldn't." First off, it's for me. I don't want attention or to me attractive just because of my HAIR. it's just a bonus but I feel like I can really pull it off! :) Have you guys been through this type of experience? What happened? Let me know !

Most Helpful Guy

• Short hair can be sexy too. Honestly if its just your friends, they will stop caring if it comes out well.

If its your parent (s) sometimes it's easier to keep the peace than pick a battle that at best will end up a pyrrhic victory

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have long hair and then I cut it for locks of love. I got it cut progressively shorter because wow! it is so much easier to deal with! And people said the saaaaame things.

Just do you. Other people can worry about their own hair. They don't own yours.

What Guys Said 2

• Apostolics do

• I tried growing my hair out once because i wanted to look like a long haired rockstar. worst mistake of my life, i hated it, but people even told me, it's better shorter. So, I went ahead and did it, but not because they told me to, like I said, I hated it. I currently have longer hair again, but, it's because im going through some medical stuff right now and just haven't made it to the barber

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, and I also had the opposite- people pressuring me to cut it. I used to have really long hair and it's always gotten compliments at any length I've had it, but people either love it or they hate it. A lot of my friends and family were disappointed when I cut it from my lower back to around mid back, and later to just below my shoulders. Some of my family had been begging me to cut it though. I honestly don't care about what they want and just do what makes me happy. As far as guys liking longer hair better, I got the most male attention when my hair was just below shoulder length, the shortest it has ever been. I actually had a boyfriend try to talk me into a pixie cut, but I'm not anywhere near brave enough for that. My other boyfriend couldn't have cared less.

• Yes actually 😆 I have hair that is at waist length (it used to be past my hips but I got a major trim since I had a lot of dead ends from swimming) anyways I've been growing out my hair for as long as I can remember since I've never really had the heart to cut it. In 5th grade my friend dared me to cut it after senior pictures so I've been following through with that date despite for hard my hair is to manage (it's quite thick), people will try to control you, most people like to be controlling but make sure you do what you want to overal.