How do I get brave enough to change my hair?

I have had the same hairstyle forever an I finally decided to change it. Like everyone has known me since kindergarten I have had the same hair. And I am trying to get it to grow out long enough so I can change it over the summer before school. But I am really scared. It's a big change for me. I am almost starting to chicken out. Please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I've been in the exact same situation as you for the longest time. Since pre-school to 3rd year high school! would you believe? This is the best time to change your image in terms of looks. Do not chicken out! or else nothing will happen. I never regretted the day I did it. Just expect a lot of comments from most of the people if not from all of them, but this should only last for a day to a week. Once they said something already.it's done and people will get used to it. Then changing your hairstyle every now and then won't be a big deal anymore. Changing styles is fun and can give you so much confidence! and people will start to notice you. I'm sure most of the people in school would be happy for you. Good luck!

Take note that hair grows, if your cut turns out to be a failure, you can always change it!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I think its all about perspective. Go to a salon, JUST to look through different type of hair styles and stylists. If you are able to trust your hair dresser with your hair, then there is NOTHING to be afraid of. That's why, its important that you get your hair done by a pro - that will help boost up your confidence because if a pro styles your hair then you know you'll look good. Bring along a friend. Its a good idea to have someone else to help you pick and choose different type of styles and tips, hence to have difference of opinion. Talk to the hair dresser for a quick tip on what type of hairstyle would look good on you before you get your hair done. Other then that, give yourself a reality check - you want to look different, and you know you want people to look at you and go "WOAH", stand out in the crowd. Think of how much it'll be worth it to try something new. And plus, if you feel awesome after a good change - it'll make you feel very happy.

I think you should go for it! Goodluck.

• haha, get over it. it's like getting your ears pierced, you freak out, but then it's over and you realize that it wasn't so bad.

• Just don't dye it or anything yet. Hair grows back. Get a different haircut. If you don't like it then it will grow back. Once you get used to that then decide whether to dye it or not

• Dont chicken out. It will be fine. Hair will Always grow back! =] I remember the first time I got highlights and cut my hair (I had hair down to like my knees) I was really scared. and after wards I did not like it. But after a few days I fell in love with my hair. I was constantly getting compliments! I thought it was great.I have kept my hair short since. But do what you want to do just remember you can always change your hair! =]

• Okay I know that change doest sound like something we all want but sometimes its a good thing well just grow it out and look at magazines that have different hair styles or go to someone that really knows how to cut hair and ask them what they suggest for Ur type of facial structure you might end up liking it I know I did and I had my hair so freakin long up to my hips and now I got it up to my shoulders in long layers now that I look at old pictures I couldn't image how bad I look with my long hair and it just gets some getting use to once to at the beginning,