How to start wearing less make up?

I have some acne scars and dark circles
I usually wear
foundation
concealer
powder
blush
eyeliner
mascara
how do I slowly start wearing less?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• Take makeup... place it in trash/storage... leave it there.

• 0|0
  • slowly start to get rid of each one

What Girls Said 17

• Take off blush first (won't drastically change theappearance) then you can decide what makes you most secure. Maybe some days I would wear concealer only where I need it, or I would do a light layer of foundation. I'd switch to thin eyeliner and light mascara, and if you wanted to stop wearing those, stop eyeliner first, because it doesn't look as good by itself as mascara.

• Slowly start to wear less by not putting on a specific item. You can start with concealer, powder or blush or even eyeliner. One item at a time :)

• I would suggest using concealer on places where you really need it and make sure it's the kind that totally and completely matches your skin tone - so you don't have to add foundation to it.

After that you can put some translucent powder on - but only enough to lock the concealer down, DO NOT pack on the powder since the blemishes and bumps get a lot more visible when you do that.

Put on a bit of mascara and lip gloss and you're on your way!

=)

• This doesn't sound like that much to me? Maybe roll through like Buzzfeed's make up section and see if there's anything that you want to drop or try?

• Use foundation only the parts you want to cover up. For the other parts you can only use primer and powder. No need to use concealer.

Also you should write thin like with an eyeliner. As for the mascara you can use something that doesn't add any color but keeps your lushes curl.

• decide on a focus area that you want to pop, eyes, lips, cheeks and just wear that make up for the day so no foundation or powder or blush just eyeliner and mascara

• Stop putting so much on?

• Maybe if you usually wear three coats of mascara, wear two then one. Gradually make your eyeliner as natural as possible and when you want you could stop. Just like that you could slowly wear less and less or honestly you could just ditch the foundation and let your skin heal. There are tons of home remedies on acne scars and if you'd like, you could go to a dermatologist.

• that's not too much

• maybe skip foundation?

• U should take care of ur skin to be more radiant and nice so that u dont need too much makeups to cover and won't be insecure without wearing them. U should use shea butter it works wonders it will give u baby skin

• Well stop applying blush its really not needed. I thought it makes your acne show more when you use it.
    I would either pick foundation or powder don't use both if you want to cut down.
    same with eyeliner or mascara just choose one to wear only.

• Why would you want to wear less make up?

• reduce one buy one maybe

or try just wearing mascara, eyeliner,
    and maybe concealer.

• If you have acne scarring, buy Epiduo. Its an acne medication which helps scars. My face is so clear from it. I still wear concealer, but I dont even need much.

• Easy, wear less makeuo

• Just a tiny little concealer on the troubled spots and some very lite foundation,. Leave off the powder, it's drying. A hint of Natural blush.
    You can still Do up your eyes with a touch of mascara, to give yourself an exotic look. Don't use that liquid liner, use pencil, it looks more natural.