Is it true that a red color lipstick is a turn on for "many guys"?

Most Helpful Guy

• Many animals have bits that flush with blood and become redder when they are ready to mate, so it makes sense that 'redness' can be a turn on.
    However, IMHO, when you redden lips using makeup, it's fake, and doesn't turn me on. I'm much more attracted by a natural redness, (e. g. blushing and swollen/parted lips) than fake colours from cosmetics. If you want to redden your lips, just give them a bit of a massage!
    From my point of view, more makeup = higher maintenance - something to avoid. Therefore, the less makeup a girl is wearing, the more attractive she is to me. It tells me she has a strong mind i. e. she hasn't been conditioned by society to believe that she isn't beautiful without it, and/or she an environmentalist, ie. she has an understanding of how the cosmetic industry is such a drain on finite planetary resources and is such a creator of trash and pollution that she'd rather vote with her feet and not use them.

Nah nah I don't do other makeup
      I just liked lipsticks and this was the first time I putted on a lipstick so wanted to see guya point of view of it and unfortunately it doesn't seem good so Brb I'm ganna go and wash mine off now lol

By the way @naughtygirlishere, I really, really love your eyebrows. They are natural, and exactly the shape that they are supposed to be. I cannot comprehend how many women have been conditioned into believing that they need to pluck their eyebrows to oblivion and then draw them back - in the wrong spot - higher on their forehead where eyebrows never grow - as if it is an improvement! Who's their role model - Ronald McDonald? Worse still, as everyone ages and their eyesight becomes poorer, we'll reach an age where we can't look in the mirror and see facial hair with any clarity anymore. When this day arrives, perhaps 40 years from now, there will be a generation of former-eyebrow-pluckers who end up with mega-bushy regrowth, and will end up with eyebrows as thick as beards. IMHO Natural eyebrows are best for today and tomorrow.

Aw thank you and yeah
      I don't really do my eyebrows only the middle
      1. I don't have much time
      And 2. Mine is already thick so I don't have to do much work lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it really does. I have full lips, so when I go on dates with a red lip.. the guy i am out for a date with is usually all over it.

what brand lipstick do you use?

I heard the Mac ones aren't that good..
      There's another one I think it's kylie jenner lipstick I heard it's really good
      Have you tired it?

The MAC ones work for me really well, esp with a lip primer. Been using it for almost a 5 years.
      NYX is also a very good brand for lipsticks.

Well as for the Kylie's line of lipstick, I have tried it and its a hit or miss. Love all her matte collection but not a fan her Metals collection. Also, its extremely overpriced and you never know whether you are going to get a good batch or a bad one. Everyone is complaining about her cosmetic line on youtube and I want to spend my money on something that's worth the price I am paying for.

What Guys Said 43

• Depending on the shade of red, absolutely. It's one of the probably top five things a woman can do to me more sexy. Generally men prefer brighter reds with more yellow than the darker reds with more blue that are generally preferred by women.

What are the other four attributes?

@Nate1941 I want to open with a bit of a disclaimer: I'm speaking for myself, and based on the longevity of these things, I think they are to some degree representative of men generally. I'm much older so I also can't speak for men your age at all.

The sexiest thing a woman can put on her body, period, are bright, bright red stiletto pumps with a minimum four inch heel, no platform (that's important), very pointed toes, and a little toe cleavage showing. Will you look a bit like a tart? Maybe but that's not all bad in some situations, right?

The G-string is number two. The complete absence of any panty line or visible panty under those tight white pants is a huge turn on. For me, a G-string is hotter than no panties at all. When she bend down and the waist band and string show, esp if it's the best kind of G-string with what I call terminal butt floss, is amazingly erotic.

Three is a major league super push up bra, even if she's a D or DD cup girl. Just having them high is s!

• For "many guys"? Yes, as far as I know.
    For all guys? No.

A few other guys noted a preference for natural lips, I'll go a step farther and note that I find red lips to be a major turn OFF. The more unnatural/brighter/thicker the red the bigger the turn off.

I am okay with more subdued blues/blacks but prefer natural. I'm sure some guys are a step farther in that direction (actively preferring blues/blacks).

So you can put on whatever you like, or nothing at all, and at least some guys will prefer what you chose.

• In the right circumstances yes but not all the time.

• Color red makes bull angry and men horny lol

• Hell yea

• If the color is going well with what she's wearing and with her skin tone and also if her lips are attractive, then yes. Red lipstick looks hot !!

• I'm not really into lipsticks but if it fit the girl properly and looks good in her it can help =)

• yeah, cause it´s closest to the natural color of lips xD

• I guess

• yes it is for me

• Lots of colors are nice but there's just something about red😍and when she leaves the kissy mark on my cheeks😂😂😳

• seeing her lipstick smear on my penis is hot >;)

• Red colour lipstick is an enhancement to female beauty something to do with vitality and youthfulness.

Basically a lot of women's attraction has to do with vibrant colors.

• Ummm yeaa it looks good on many women especially the one who have nice lips.. :-) 😍

• It can be sexy.

• It is.

• Not at all. Its about the lips not lipstick.

• Kinda look sexy..

• Fo' sure :D

• For me it is yes

• Any color lipstick will turn on many guys😋

• Definitely for me

• yea, i think it looks hot.

• Yeah and red underwear :D

• specially in blowjob!

• No, it's not, I prefer natural lips.

• Especially on brunette arabian girls like you

• It is for me!

• I like red colour lipstick on a girl yes.

• My ex started wearing it. I liked it

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 11

• I found at an early age men love red lipstick. When I go out with red lips I get much more attention than I do with pink lipstick.

• I've heard so

• Depends on how it contrasts with the persons skin color.

• I can't speak for all guys but I know it's a turn on for mine.

• I don't like bright red but I do like a burgandy color and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it.

• My hubby is turned on when I apply red color lipstick. He says that the color is exciting and inviting.

• Psssh I dont care. I love red lipstick

• Very true indeed

• Probably some. My guy doesn't like it on me though

• Yes it's true. Guys love it!!

• i've heard the opposite