Is this a cute outfit for my first date?

I'm also thinking of maybe doing my hair in curls, and possibly having a rose clip in my hair. Also I may wear a little lace shrug over the top incase I get a little bit cold

Most Helpful Guy

• Is this how your kidnapper *cough* date *cough* looks like?

i3.kym-cdn.com/.../b2b.png

Thanks for being rude, my date is 17 and I'm 16. Just because I wanna dress cute doesn't make him a predator

@SinghSong it looks nothing like that

It does look a teensy bit like that, to be honest. But it doesn't matter- it is cute, and if you want to wear it, feel free.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• This is very "girly" and I would love seeing a lady dressed like this. The only question I would have is whether this is a bit too much for a first date. It would definitely impress me. You know the guy and the circumstances so you can answer that question for yourself. But, you do understand the "too much, too soon" question, right? Twenty years ago, I had a client who I told to dress up for his court appearance, and he showed up for trial wearing a tuxedo! It was a bit much. This isn't THAT over the top, but. . . if a lady showed up for a first date with me and she was dressed like this, I would say, "Wow! She's really trying hard to impress me." I would also say, "Wow! She really has good taste!"

Do you thibk it would be better with some cute shorts or jeans? Or maybe a different skirt?

Perhaps jeans would be better. I know that I am much older and my opinion may be a bit old fashioned, but I think you should avoid showing too much skin on a first date.

• Geez, barbie. Are you going out with ken?

• too much pink in my opinion. but thats ok i guess

i feel like the bustier/bra thing is awfully revealing for a first date.

I plan on wearing a white cover up over it, that way it'll show a little but not everything and I can take the cover up off if it gets to hot outside

• Entirely too cutesy for my tastes. Looks like something a little girl would wear to a princess tea party

• *smh*

• All the girls telling you not to wear this are hoes. Yes its very girly and cute

@HulkkSmash Lol I'm not a ho... I'm just helping her out so no one kidnaps her.

I'm not feminazi at all lol I'm actually probably more towards the other extreme.

@Puppylove94 its not your fault. Its been installed into you at an early age

• That's very cute, but, isn't that too much for a date?

My point is... as a first date, do you want him to focus more on how your personality is, or kawai and cute you will be?

Not a critic, just a point for you.

• I think it looks very cute

• Ok it might be cultural thing, but I don't know it wouldn't work for me...

• Where are you going?

• Woh that's a little overdo lol I just throw in letterman and PJs ha

• ho bout hell no

• Too pink haha

• yes it is, looks very cute and adorable.
    lucky guy

• Honestly you don't have to dress super a lot to a first date, just look nice

Ik, but I normally dress in heels and dresses or cute skirts and stuff. It's just how I am, though I'll probably wear some jelly or shorts with it instead of the skirt

ok u do you

• looks quite adorable. The guy should love it.

Ty :)

I'm 16

Oh yeah very close. Well I hope you enjoy your date.

• Looks and sounds adorable! 😊

• could not be any cuter

• it s logıcal

• The dress looks good but you should get pink 4 inch high heels.

• Yup, that's cute! 👍🏻

• Really? A substitute bras on a date? 🤔🤔🤔

It's called a bustier or bralette

Clearly u didn't see that I plan on wearing something to cover most of it

Thats a relief 😄😄😄

• regardless of what i think, you're bound to do what you want. so, im not sure why you're asking

I'm not sure why you decided to comment when you had nothing to say about what I asked

Because I wanted people's opinions. And I don't see why if you think I'll wear it regardless, you even decided to say anything other than so you can be argumentative for no reason. Cause clearly you aren't here for what I asked so you came to be rude

i asked you why you asked the question, if you already know you're going to wear it. why does it matter what we think, basically

• you should wear other shoes because you will have problems with them at the beach

• are you a human being or a plastic doll?

• Yeah it looks cute

Must be very young to wear that though

Yeah I'm gonna switch it with either a pair of jeans or shorts

Good idea , jeans maybe

• I would feel like a pedophile if my date wore that. :p

Exactly!

@asker alright wear some heels then but don't wear that skirt with that top... I'm being honest it doesn't look good.

@Summer_Bunny yeah that's why I'm trying to find a pair of my shorts. They came with the top... but I may have lost them or my friend took them. I think that's how I ended uo with the skirt... I think she put it there hoping I wouldn't notice my short r gone... it worked sadly

• Where lingerie

What Girls Said 36

• I would think it was kinda childish and too mix-matched to be attractive.

• i think its awesome. dress it up. you only get one life to dress up :)

i dont think it looks like you're trying hard to impress. i think it looks like you like dressing that way.

I really do anything girly and feminine is something I like

i believe that. don't think a person cane come up with something like that just bc they want to impress someone.. it shows that its a personal sense of fashion not just looking nice. anyhow we impress ourselves first. if it doesn't pass our test it doesn't get worn.

• O, heavens, NO!!!

• Tbh it's more a cute outfit for a weaboo meet-up or an 8 year old..

Lol - now that you say that...

@Jxpxtxr I don't know - never paid attention to how a date dressed (maybe because they did) - this looked cutesey, but then probably a tad too pink and childish (though on a girl that's like that - maybe it'd look normal/well appointed - would have to see the facial features).

@peterjones lol yeah probably

• its too pink tbh

• wowow too much for me, too much dentelle, too much pink like I mean the top would be cool with other skirt and shoes or like with a light blue jeans !! But if it's really your style then Go girl ! I mean you have to wear what you feel confortable to wear and also what will made you like yourself.
    Anyway it's a really cute outfit 😊

I do though I think maybe it'd be better with someone cute jeans or maybe shorts. Plus I'm extremely girly and I don't know y some people on here think being girly makes u look young or means predators will like u

Then your outfit is perfect and match your personality and your style ! When I saw your outfit I directly thought about the "Lolita" style from Japan.
      In the us, asia or Europe there's complete different beauty standards and styles. Don't worry about how people on the other side of the planet think that your outfit makes you like younger or "means that predator will like u". Im sure there's also styles or beauty standards from abroad that for you makes no sense. Don't be ashamed of who you are and your style, thats you, embrace it, be proud of it. Diversity is an amazing thing, without it life would be so boring

That's kinda how I model my style. I'm very much in love with the lolita style and wearing bright colors and being girly. I don't understand how people here think wearing lots of pink and girly clothes is childish. It's really mean. I just have a different style then American girls because of where I grew up, but being girly is what being a girl is about. I just in embrace being feminine

• Ooooh very girly, haha :P I like it, I like anything pink and girly by the way. The only small downside to is that it's revealing, but you do you.

• Too OTT for me. I'd wear skinny jeans heels and a nice top and blazer. This outfit looks very young

Well I'm sticking with the top and shoes but I think I'll wear jeans or shorts instead of the skirt

• wow so nice!!! :) :)

• Lol are you joking?

I would only wear this as a toddler Halloween costume.

How does it look childish besides the skirt? Which as I've said I may wear shorts instead

You should wear vball spandex underneath them then, takes away the itch. don't wear more lace though. First it will take away from the cuts top. Second, it's just too much. It'll look like you're trying too hard

I'll see then if I can find a pair of my normal short or see if I have a nice pair of jeans

• It's cute but the skirt and shoes looks like it's made for little girls, also I would try to break up some of the pink.. maybe pink top but different bottoms.

I like the shoes, they make me think of spring and flowers.

• it is - where are you going for your first date?

To a party at the beach then he wants to have a picnic away from everyone else

That's the thing I think we're meeting his friends there for a little bit then leaving to the park. I'm not sure yet if we're even go to the beach or if we'll skip and head to the park all day instead

well we can talk in private if you like

• yeah - if your 6

• The top and skirt is OK depending on your age but for me the shoes are a no no. Because it's too much of pink. So try dark shoes to calm the pink down

• A little bit too cliché (pink) and skimpy. Try to dress conservatively, classy. Show skin in just the right places... but leave some to the imagination!!! Like a tease

• cute !

• Are you an anime character?

I'm from Japan and I do cosplay sometimes so does that count

• It's cute. I just wish the pink would match.

• do it do it
    and post pics too

• It's not cute, there's just too much going on

• A little childish. I don't like the shoes and the skirt. The top is good and you can match it with white skirt without lace.

• Someone's really into Nabokov...

• Too much pink lol

• I think it's too cute to much pink I wouldn't change the skirt something not pink

• It depends on where you are going. Where are you going?

• Not unless he's a pedo and wants you to look like a little girl

• No, i think it looks way to childish. WAAAY to much pink.

• Looks something like a 7 year old girl would wear

Yeah because 7 year olds r showing off their stomachs and breast

• You will look like a princess

• If you like it and feel pretty in it then its 110% perfect. The top is especially cute

• More from Girls
    6