Should I get a breast reduction?

Before you ask, no, I am not trolling. This is a serious question.
I have 32DD breasts and I find them extremely unattractive for the fact that all they do is make me look fat when I am not. I can't wear a T-shirt without looking huge, and I hate wearing tight clothing. I feel like they bring too much attention to me and that they are too big, in a disgusting way. I am also afraid that they will sag and become even more disgusting with time. I don't know if it is just my low opinion of myself or if I really should go through with it, but I've been thinking about getting a breast reduction for quite some time. My only fear is that I will regret it because I'm only seeing the grass being greener on the other side, and I have never had surgery before, so if there are many cons, I don't want to go through surgery to experience them.
So would a breast reduction be a good idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• If its because you feel they look ugly no. The fact is that has to do with how you view yourself not how things are. As you said the grass is greener and that's precisely what is happening now. If it was because its causing shoulder and back pain then maybe but as it stands now, if its for nothing more then aesthetics then no I think that would be a bad idea. You need to be able to accept who you are and love who you are and hacking out parts of you is not a good way of going about that. It will cause scarring so now your going to think about how ugly the scars are, it can cause nerve damage so now the sensitivity in your breasts will decrease, many guys like larger breasts so that might result in less attention in which case you might not think that's bad now but later on that might change (lets be honest every one likes to be attractive). So their are things like that, then of course complications could occur after all its still a surgery. Plus it will be expensive. So I would suggest not going through with it

Most Helpful Girl

• I looked into it when I was younger (I'm a solid D) but ended up being too scared as its major surgery. I went to the plastic surgeon and everything.

I've noticed throughout the years though that there are a lot of big breasted women so I don't feel as bad about it now but I always hated the attention and the fact I can't wear cute tops that show bare shoulders (cause I must wear a bra--too big to go without one) and exercise is uncomfortable.

If it'll make you less self conscious I'd say look into it and decide.

My BFF got it done (but she was huge--a G) and has never been happier. In her case I totally agree it was best for her.

What Guys Said 13

• Everyone has their own opinion as to what looks good and what doesn't. However, what really matters is what you think. I could tell you what breast size I prefer, but it's totally irrelevant. It's your body, and so all that matters is what you think.

Given that you obviously feel that 32DD is to large, and you seem to have been thinking about it for some time. So if you feel that now is the time, than I say do it. However, if you are truly not sure, I say you should sit down and talk it out with someone you trust.

However, I do have to say this. A 32DD is large enough that I'm surprised you haven't had any issues with back pain. If I were your size, I would probably do it, just to avoid back issues, that I know happen a lot of the time with larger women. I would do it for health reason, not for my looks, but that is just me.

The thing is that I'm not even that big other than my breasts. I'm kind of on the taller side of average height, but I have pretty average bone structure (actually slightly thin bones for my height) and am not overweight. I haven't really had back pain, but I do slouch a little bit. Apparently that is common in all of my family members on one side of my family, even the males, but I've noticed that when I wear a support bra my posture improves, so I don't know if it's the weight of my breasts or not.

• You are unhappy with what you have for good reasons. And your are right, they will sag. I happen to not care if my ladys breasts sag. That's what happens in life. If you wear bras that give very good support, you can slow that part down., but they aren't always as sexy as the ones you probably wear. This is very different from implants to be bigger. It involves a lot of pain, long healing time and includes restrictiones on some things you do. Some women lose their sensitivity in their nipples. My ex-wife wanted one because hers were too heavy and caused bra divits in her shoulders and back problems. She is a 36G. She decided not to do the reduction because it was way more than she thought it was. Talk tou your doctor. He/she can answer all your questions and concerns. Gather all the information on it and then you can make a well informed decision. It sounds like you are a little lady.

I wear support bras and they help with my posture, but they also make them look even bigger (though not by much) and I feel like they draw negative attention. Thanks!

I'm 5 ft 7 in, but I'm slim so I feel like they still look out of place on me.

I get it. We all are over critical of our looks. Ask friends you trust to give an honest answer instaetd of what they think you want to hear. I'd trust that much more than someone on here. I can't see what you look like to give my opinion. I do understand your concerns as well as not liking how they may make you look heavier than you are. Again, that may be you being overly critical of yourself.

• Not yet as you don't seem sure and your wavering. Surgery is a big step. I didn't think 32DD are too bad depending on your height and weight. But if you are truly unhappy with them then do what is best for you.

I'm 5 ft 7 in and around 145 pounds or so. I just feel like they draw negative attention and they also just look awful to me.

As long as you have breast they will draw some negative attention lol. But if you think they look awful then go for it. I think your a little young still to have it and as long as they aren't affecting your health you should keep them however, I don't think you should live unhappy and you have them for a while and if they haven't grown on you (no pun) then do what you want. Just make sure you are sure.

• Any cosmetic surgery needs a lot of consideration but in the end it is your decision so you should do what you are happiest with.

• Id say save your money now and just hold off till your older. Any surgery is serious so its not something to think lightly about.

• I'm more of a boobs kinda guy, but I love a bit muscular women so i'm weird. FURTHER. If you feel like they are to big and you feel not comfortable with them, just make them smaller. You must say it for yourself, it's your body.
    Personally I love big breasts, but yeah thats just MO. Go with your gut feeling.

• My respose would be to say no, do not have a breast reduction.
    It is major surgery and the scarring is hideous.
    One day you may realise that those big breasts are man magnets that give you an edge in the mating dance. :-)

• 32dd and u want reduction you monster :p
    anyway did u ask a doctor about the side effects like scars...

No, I haven't yet. It's just been a thought I've had for awhile.

• How tf can big boobs make u look fat wtf lmao

If i wear anything less than something super tight it makes it just look like a weird tent if that makes sense. I love T-shirts, but they are extremely unflattering on me and make me look huge on top.

Hugr on top is hot doe so unless you really are fat, they won't make u look fat

• Here most of beauty operations are about breast reduction
    You are still young
    You will have babies and your breasts will sag
    It may be harmful for your backbone
    Ask a dr

• not a good idea at all
    it can have negative effects

• as long as you know the risks

• pic of them?

What Girls Said 10

• I'm the same size and I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from, but before you spend a ton of money on an expensive surgery I would definitely try other options. Try to lose weight and lower your cup size or figure out an easier method to reducing your breast size. If all else fails - and you just can't embrace what you've got - (which is fine and totally understandable) I would maybe research a breast reduction but it's a serious and expensive step so definitely don't rush into it (especially if you have second thoughts/doubts!!).

Also, I've found that sports bras and breast reduction bras (yes they're a real thing and they're AMAZING, I found some at Kohls that take off 2-3 inches around the bust!) can really help with the pesky "I look fat in everything even when I'm not" dilemma, just a tip from one busty girl to another! :)

I'm already at my optimal weight- that's part of my issue, is that even though I'm thin, my breasts make me look fat in the wrong clothes. :( I'll have to look into those bras though!

• I've wanted one since I was in middle school. My breasts are the same size as yours, and I hate how they make me look much bigger than I am; a picture from the boobs up and I look like i weigh 500 pounds. Factor in the making any outfit look instantly 100x more risque and never finding anything that fits properly... More power to you girl, I know the struggles. I'm waiting until after I have babies and finish breast feeding personally.

• Very selfish of you there are so many women who get augmentations for what you have and you can't appreciate it. Smh

I could say the same for those women, because I wish I had what they do and they don't appreciate it. If you want my boobs, I will gladly trade lol.

Literally having tu beg your man for sex because he's not really sexually attracted to you.

I guess pros are that we can practically be naked and it's not seen as sexy or obscene where as busty chicks need to wear turtlenecks to prevent stares.
      We can go braless.
      We don't need 2 sport bras just for yoga.
      If a man likes you, you can almost guarantee its not because of your body and it's actually for you.
      Rarely do men lose eye contact with me, only few actually stare.
      No back pains
      Perky af and I don't wear bras

Thanks for the pros and cons! I've actually heard a lot that most guys like ass better than boobs, and I am lacking in that department, so I also feel a little disproportionate. It's not that I don't have an ass at all, but it's relatively small and doesn't match with my breasts at all.

• No, wait until after you have kids

• Insurance won't cover that. Your boobs aren't big enough to justify it being necessary

That's what I'm afraid of, and I've heard it can be around $6,000. :(

More usually

• Go for it

• Do whatever you want hun. Its Your body. May i ask to what size ypu gonna lower it too?

Not sure, probably enough to where they don't stand out like a sore thumb though.

• If you're really that uncomfortable with them, you may get a reduction. Just understand that it's very pricey and that if you do it, there's no going back. But you should still try to appreciate your body and understand that the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Sometimes I wish that I had a different hair color or bigger boobs or longer legs. Just wear a support bra and do whatever you can to appreciate the way your body looks.

• I have a similiar problem, 32D, still growing, although I am very slim, I look much thicker built. However, I love my body just the way it is and would never get a reduction, for screw what others think- I like it, my boyfriend likes it, and that is juuust fine.

• I've known a few women who have gotten breast reduction simply for health purposes. It starts to affect their backs and can be painful. I think it would do you good over time to get it reduced-esp if your not comfortable with it.