Do you find it annoying when someone always dresses up?

I love dressing up, i'm a bit of a shopaholic and love trying new looks.
I was just wondering if people find it annoying? I personally do it because it's a huge confidence booster, especially when I'm not having a good day.
However people get mad as they say I make them look worse when we go out! (Both guys and girls 🙃) I would never insult a friend on their outfit, and I personally want them to wear whatever makes them happiest, whether that be sweats, a dress, athletic shorts or what have you. I'm just curious of others standpoints?

• No! You do you 😊
  • Yeah, I would feel like I had to dress better when hanging out with them.
  • Yeah, it'd be annoying.
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

• I always like looking good wherever I go😅people will get jelly, but you do you don't let them bother you

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I am dressed every single day. Even my casual wear is dressy. I love going through my things and creating new looks. I am out 6 nights a week and therefore need new looks constantly. I shop daily for new things and enjoy putting looks together. in my opinion, do what you want to do because getting dressed up everyday hurts nobody but it might hurt you if you cave to pressure. Do your thing babygirl 😉🙏✨

What Guys Said 11

• If that's your thing and it makes you happy do it.

• I like girls so much when dolled up, I would have no problem with her always dressing up!

However if I was her boyfriend, I would HAVE to dress the same way as her so we "match". :-P

• Tbh. I love a women who slays.. but its honestly more effective when its the right time to slay. Family weddings, Night outs and romantic dates are all good. But to go the extra 10 miles for every single occasion? It loses its affect and unfortunately can create some problems. The idea of out-performing someone can be slightly daunting to. Not so fun when you can't slay together you know?

• Nope, I would love a girl like that.

• I personally don't mind

• I don't really care that much lol,.

• Meh, I don't care. People who take themselves too seriously and constantly preen in the mirror annoy me but discounting that I'm not fussed.

Nah, I'm not full of myself. I just prefer to look tied together.

• Doesn't bother me in the slightest

• Yeah, it'd be annoying.

• i often wonder, what's the point? who are you trying to impress?

Nobody. Just like girls don't wear makeup to impress anybody. It's just for me to feel more confident.

• thing is, it can become boring. if you're ALWAYS dressing up, it can become quite boring. guys are more surprised when you do it once in a while, than every day

Fair enough. I wouldn't say I go the full 9 yards everyday, but I do like to look tied together.

In a very simple answer, you would never see me in sweats/running shorts and a tshirt outside my house unless I was going to the gym.

that's kind of how you're supposed to dress though. it's inappropriate to dress like that in public, other than the gym

What Girls Said 14

• I love dressing up more than I usually do. It's such a great confidence boost. I feel the exact way you do. I would never insult a girl on her outfit. We all have a days where we just want to wear T-shirt and sweatpants.

• It's not annoying at all. I understand people who love to dress up, dressing up is fun. People are free to do whatever they enjoy as long as it's not causing trouble.
    People get intimidated by how you dress? Let them be, fashion is beautiful :)

• I'm just like you. Girl wear what you want its your passion so keep doing it

• What ever makes you happy. Don't listen to what other people say. You do you. 😊

• If they find it annoying you need to be around a better class of people. Unless you look ridiculously fancy, they are probably feeling like slobs compared to you. That's their problem.

• no it's not annoying
    One of my best friends always dresses up. Even if she is just wearing a simple tee and jeans, if you look at her you know she is dressed up , lol hard to explain and she always looks fresh and neat.

• No, I have friends who always dress up but I alway wear baggy clothes while go out with them and wear no make up cause it's what I feel better in. I have more confidence with my baggy clothes than I do when dressing up

• I feel like I have to dress up on their level too

• I do not care what someone else dress like

• I always dress up and look fancy!!

• I love dressing up like a cowgirl more like white tank tops, jeans, and boots

• I try to dress nicely everyday also, but it does annoy me if I go to a pub with my friends and we all agree to dress casual, but half of them turn up in dresses and heels. I feel small :(

• What they do is their business.

• Nothing wrong with wanting to look nice. Frankly Im tired of the lazy, pajama and messy hair look. The only time I wear PJs and sweat pants is at bedtime or if I am home sick. No way would I go out in public looking like a slob. Rock your look and be proud that you care about how you dress because it is a confidence boost.