Girls, What is an affordable shampoo and conditioner for dry, crazy, damaged hair?

I have naturally curly hair. Its a pain. It is dry, damaged and the shampoo and conditioner I am using now isn't really helping. Id like to be able to also straighten my hair easier. Any affordable shampoos and conditioners out there?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Speaking of affordable there are some shampoos that can be found at the drugstore and are good. There is the Pantene Expert shampoo. If you want to buy Pantene, make sure to get one from the Expert collection, don't get the regular white bottle, get the black one. It's $2.99, very cheap. In that expert collection, you can find more than one shampoo suitable for your hair type. There is "dry defy", "intense hydration", "intense repair", and "intense keratin repair". I've heard that Aussie shampoos were great too, you could try it out. I've heard good reviews about them. Another drugstore shampoo&conditioner I recommend is Gliss by Schwarzkopf, I have used it back in the day and it really helped by dry and damaged hair. Then lastly there is L'oréal. We all know it's a huge company and it has so many high end hair product brands. When it comes to drugstore though, its shampoos and conditioners are only mediocre, with the exception of really good ones: L'oréal advanced hair care collection (get the Total Repair 5), and L'oréal ever series (get the Everstrong).

What Girls Said 22

• I use Dove and I find it's more moisturizing than other shampoos. But it really depends on how it makes your hair feel. Different things work differently for different people.

You can also try moisturizing hair masks. Like a moroccan oil one, or a coconut oil one, or a protein mask. This will help infuse moisture into your hair.

When straightening your hair, try to use a heat protectant spray. I use one from Tresemme and it seems to work well. It's got a red pump on it and I only pay 5 bucks for it.

Also, try to not use heat too often. Seek out hairstyles which are heat free, this will save your hair from drying out from the heat. Heat isn't the best thing for your hair on a regular basis. So try to alternate with different styles.

• Anything that does not have -parabens or sulfates in it. Anything in the ingredients ending with -paraben's is estrogen, sulfates is another term for alcohol. Alcohol dries out and tears your hair, thus making it unhealthy. Try Beautiful and botanicals or Gentle treatment by Johnson and Johnson.

• Anything Garnier Frutis =) They have a leave-in conditioner with Mango and Argan oil =) OR V05 Shampoo and Conditioner if you're really broke. I also like Tresume Dry/Split end Conditioner and Shampoo <3

Nope. Not a fan of fructis. It makes my hair look really oily and gross. It does help with the frizz I agree but it does too much and makes my hair look greasy and nasty

@Countrychick1288 all of those products? Lol, I'm guessing you just mean the first one I listed! =) The other 4 should help :)

• I used to love Tresseme naturals until they discontinued it but I tried a suave conditioner that my sisters are using and I love it. It's not too expensive either.

• Mane & Tail, about $5 dollars to buy online I think, for people in the UK it can be bought on Amazon.
    It's an amazing shampoo & conditioner and has become all the rage recently. Ever since I started using it I haven't stopped because it's so good. Was originally a shampoo for horses but now they've been targeting the product for people as well. Personally my hair dries and breaks really quickly because it's so thin but Mane & Tail is the best out of everything else at keeping it together, and believe me I've tried soooo many hair products.
    Also bought a lot of their other hair conditioning products.
    A lot of people I know now use it after they tried it after staying at my house once and borrowing it lol. I think you should give it a try.

I'm not a fan of mane and tail. I use it on my horses but I find it makes my curly hair really frizzy and dries it out mire

Well each to their own I guess. My hair is naturally curly but and works great for me. I just have a really different texture from most people.

Yeah, it's nothing against you though!

• The best affordable shampoo and conditioner in my opinion is Tresemmee (or however you spell it) I've tried basically every product on the market and when I'm on a budget I buy that because it's honestly comparable to Paul Mitchell or Biosilk and less than $5 for a huge bottle. I get a brush through my hair without any knots when I get out of the shower, which is a huge problem I always have when using certain shampoos and conditioners. It keeps my hair silky and smooth and smells really nice. Worth a try!

• I use Biolage Hydro Therapy. This time of year is only $17 for 2 liters and that lasts me a year.

Bain de Terre is also really good and they're only like $15 a liter in a salon

• It's a little expensive but Shea Moisture is so worth it. Use the shampoo once a week (or twice if you have oily hair) and use the conditioner daily. You won't regret spending a little extra. It does miracles for dry curly hair. It's usually $13 or so at Walmart but I've found it cheaper at places like Ross

• I use lush now but I used to use that herbal essence rose shampoo and conditioner it worked wonder and didn't weigh my hair down like the other brands.

• I use Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner along with V05 conditioner.

• I'm using Pentene, it smoothen and soften my hair. Tried Loreal Paris previously, it make my hair drier.

• I use Pantene and I like it

• Shea Moisture is the best I've ever used, I honestly wouldn't mind paying extra for it since it is pricey but thankfully my mom buys it.. it's literally perfect. I usually bounce around with hair stuff but I started using this like 5 months ago and refuse to switch. It's heavenly!

YAS. Have you tried the smoothie product by them? It is AMAZING. It comes in this round container you take a little bit and rub it in damp hair and let your hair air dry. No frizz and less breakage and damage

OMG do it. It is SO worth it. I shampoo once a week, condition every day and then use the smoothie everyday. The only thing I'm not crazy about with the smoothie is that it takes your hair longer to dry. And if you overdo the smoothie your hair will look weighed down, oily and gross. The best way to figure out how much smoothie you need is by separating your hair into three or four parts and then hold each section in your fist. The circumference of the fist is about how much smoothie you need for that section

Good to know! Def gonna try it out. I love Shea Moisture 😜

• Do olive oil hair treatments once a week! Google them :)

• Head and Shoulders shampoo with conditioner. It's one bottle. I don't have dandruff but I get frizzies. Use this and air dry.

• Natural remedies like beer, Apple cider vinegar, eggs, and olive oil

• I like VO5. You can find it in poundland.

• I use Garnier Fructis Grow Strong shampoo. Recently changed to it, and my hair is even shinier and smoother.

• Just use a lot of conditioner 😣

• Keune shampoos are great. Not sure how much it costs in your country though.

• Anything that has any type oil in it can help your hair condition.

• Use coconut oil in place of your conditioner