Why would he say he likes me, and then turn me down when we confronted the issue?

I met him in college, he's admitted to one of my friends that he thought I was really beautiful, and how he wanted to get to know me, and was definitely interested. But isn't ready for a relationship at the moment

Last night, it was just the two of us, he brought it up and said to me that he likes one of my friends (she doesn't like him), and I was really disappointed but didn't show it. He said that I'm a really nice girl, and how we should hang out and get to know each other, and how I should come and visit him in the summer and so on, and then he hugged me goodbye. He was being really sweet towards me. Most guys who aren't interested would never say let's hang out and get to know each other, I've experienced it before. They just stop talking, become really distant and what ever friendship that was developing dissolves. I've only known him for about 2 weeks now

What is he hinting towards? I don't know if I should feel rejected, or if that's just his way of saying, "we'll see what happens in the future"

What do you guys think?

What Guys Said 1

• To be honest, when a guy is interested in a girl, the first thing the girl is automatically thinking is RELATIONSHIP. However, the guy is normally just looking for a great opportunity to get to know the girl on a deeper level - interest means that he's cued in on the girl a bit more, and would like to see how the potential "chemistry" between him and her can develop over time. Think with your mind, not your heart... He may not be hinting at all, but may just want to see what time can do between the two of you. Sometimes, that's the best helper in advancing any relationship. Don't feel rejected, feel rejuvenated!

What Girls Said 0