I don't think I'm very good looking but want to meet women

I don't think I'm very good looking but would like to meet women anyway. Do women like guys who aren't really good looking? I feel like I have low self esteem too. Would a woman go out with someone like me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Remember Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! The low self-esteem will become your self fulfilling prophecy though. I had low self-esteem and it only hurt me. It may attract the wrong type of woman. Such as a controlling or abusing woman that sees your self doubt. I have seen very nice men in relationships that play a lot of mind and emotional blackmail games. There are a lot of self help books out there for self esteem. Find one that fits your personality. Low self esteem is a learned response that we gather during our childhood years. So it is something we can unlearn too. When you feel good about yourself others will see it and will be drawn to you! There are a lot of beautiful people with low self esteem. Low self esteem know no boundaries , Think of Christina Onassis she was one of the wealthiest women in the world, but she could not get her father to acknowledge her like his son. She had very low self esteem because of this issue that died with her and her father. Best of Luck to you!

• Thanks - that's true!

What Girls Said 4

• The looks are easier to get past than the self-esteem. I know it isn't easy, but you'll have to hide that part of you to get with women. Fair or not, confidence is sexy, and girls will invent things to like beyond that.

• You're right - thanks!

• As long as you have a good attitude that is all that counts that and confidence (not cocky confidence though). If a girl is only going to date a guy because he is good looking then she is probably no good for that guy anyway. I know for a fact that looks don't matter at all and just because you don't think that you are good looking doesn't mean that no body thinks that. I am sure that there is someone out there for you, there is someone out there for everyone you just have to open your eyes and look.

• You're right - thank you!

• Well, naturally girls look at attractive guys. But, ya know there are always those guys that aren't necessarily "good looking" but as the girl get to know the guy more personally and if he has a great personality she may eventually think you are very attractive. =]

• If you have swag (dress nice, have a confident air about you, are sure of yourself, and take pride in what you do) and confidence you can pull more girls than you think.

• Cool!

• Really, I Have seen a lot of guys who aren't attractive get plenty of girls, it's all about attitude. Fix yourself up and pretend you are the best looking guy in the room.

I have even dated a few ugly guys before lol, but maybe you're being hard on yourself?

• Maybe - thanks!

What Guys Said 2

• When guys can't find girlfriends or hook up with somebody they like I think they usually have one of four problems

1. Don't be desperate

*Chances are if any girl is mildly attractive she gets hit on all the time. She won't have any reason to hook up with somebody who is desperate, all girls I know tell me this is the biggest turn off. Act like you don't care if she likes you or not.

2. Your standards have to be realistic

*If you're not brad pitt you can't expect girls that look like Angelina Jolie (unless you're rich). In addition, women who look like this are unrealistic. Do you have any idea how much time and effort is put into her looks, let alone her photo shoots. Real women do not look like that!

3. Be somebody that she wants to date.

This includes showering and dressing nice. It's also important you brush your teeth (I've had to tell guys this) no girl wants to kiss a guy who smells like he just gave big foot a reach around.

4. Be respectful

*Don't hold the bar door for her, than slam it the next guy's face. You have to be an all round respectful person. Also, don't brag about your cars, watches, jobs any girl you really want won't care about that stuff

Remember man, In the long run, it's what you do, not what you look like. In the short run, it's what you look like.

• Learn to eat Va-jay-jay like a champ and she'll never allow you to leave! She'll forget all the other stuff and keep you hostage! Alright Arighhhht. This may be a slow but purposeful evolution. It can be difficult to get out of your 'comfort zone' so to speak but as some point, try to get out of it.one step at a time. The path to confidence and better self esteem can seem like a long road BUT it is not an impossible journey. When talking to a girl, you might try to find common ground with her.common interest and most of the time, a good decent convo can be had. And before you know it.you'll both be digressing to other topics. Someone once said that if you ever had "Stage Fright" while speaking to an audience of hundreds of people, then. just imagine everyone around you being 'naked' the thought there can be disarming and humorous. Soo on that same thought if you are with her in public and feeling a bit uneasy, just imagine everyone around you naked.it should lighten things up!