When should children be able to use makeup?

• 10+
  • 12+
  • 14+
  • 16+

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they should be ALLOWED to use make-up at whatever age they want, but I don't believe in regular usage of make-up in general (by anyone, even adults). Either way, they should be taught that skin care is more important than superficially covering up your imperfections, but make-up just for the fun of it is okay. Anything in excess is bad. This is actually pretty important in regards to anything, now I think about it...

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, there's no correct age.
    I first experimented with makeup around 13 with my mother's permission. I don't wear it anymore, but at the time, it made me feel better about myself.
    So I think if you get the "ok" from a parent or guardian, any child should be able to use make up as long as they don't abuse it.

What Guys Said 6

• 14 seems a fair age - They will want to experiment and have it perfected by the time they are young adults

• I think they should be experimenting with colors and application methods by that age of ten.

• When they are not children.
    One thing is to play with it, another is make that an habit at those ages.

• Sixteen +

• 16+.

• The day after she has her first period

What Girls Said 8

• I learned how to do it at 12, although I didn't wear it at all until I was probably 14 or so, and only wore it sparingly until my senior year of high school. I still don't wear it often, but that is just a matter of personal preference. I don't see anything wrong with a kid playing around with it, but it might look a bit out of place on a grade school kid and draw negative attention if they go out in public with it on. That being said, it is ultimately up to them and their parents to decide if that's a risk they're willing to take.

• I think my parents let me experiment at around 14 - 15 but looking at old pictures I wish I hadn't. I hardly use anything now.

• They shouldn't use it at all, I'm not a kid anymore, but I never use makeup.

• About 13.

• 15 and up.

• Not before 16.

• around 13 years that when i started being interested in make up

• When they begin high school. No need for them to use it before.