Alternative to getting nails done?

I am in the 8th grade and I hate my gross nails. I'm really bad at painting them and I can't go to a salon to get them done because my parents don't have a lot of money for me to do that. I get allowance every week and have quite a bit saved up what could I do to make my nails look better? I was thinking of press on nails are they any good? And what are some good brands?

Most Helpful Girl

• Jamberries! They are vinyl so they don't dry out like other brands. Easy to put on and the last through forever through me doing so much hand washing/sanitizing at a hospital 40 hours a week. And they are cute!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Instead of painting your nails just take care of them. Buy a nice glass file some cuticle oil and a buffing block and your nails will look really nice.

If you want to do more nail art sort of stuff just paint your nails at home. A nice base coat and top coat are important but after that you can get a good diversity of polish for a $2 or less.

• Press on's don't last long at all. Maybe a friend could do them for you, or you could learn and practice more yourself until you get betteer at it.

• You could try out nail polish stripes or nail stickers. There are brands like Incoco and Sally Hansen that make these products. To save money buy them online with your amazon gift card offered by this site.

• I have hard putting avocado oils on cuticles helps.