Have you ever shown up some place wearing the same exact outfit as someone else?

• Yes, I was mortified, and tried to avoid them or being seen with them the whole time
  • Yes, but we just laughed about it
  • Yes, I left/they left and went to go change
  • Nope, it's never happened to me

Most Helpful Guy

• I have, i went to south carolina in 2011 to visit my cousin and aunts and grandma and grandpa, hadent seen them since i think middle School when they moved out of arizona, my cousin went with my grandma to pick me up from the airport, i was in line waiting for them to find my luggage, which turned out it was left on the tarmac, someone stole a pair of my socks, lol took nothing else. Anyways i see my cousin and we were like hey! You coppied me, him and I where wearing the same military green shirt, same tan military cargo pants, same boots, even the same eye glasses and same haircut, that entire day wherever we went we were asked if we were twins even with me being a couple inches taller.

That is trippy

Lol yeah, that morning i was planning on wearing something else but decided on that at the last minute, if i can, when i find the disc i burned the pics on ill upload it lol had to take our picture to show everyone because it was difficult to believe we even had the same glasses and everything else we even unknowingly both had our haircut the day before

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I had to go home and change outfits.

What Guys Said 16

• Rare, but yea lol. Had a very specific multi color tank top, and dark wash denim with black shoes. Dude at my college with similar skin tone had the same outfit on that day. People kept confusing us for the other person hahaha

• I've shown up to classes in the same outfit as a girl I know. A little embarrassing, but a lot funny.

I know the feeling. I'd only gone on this date with this guy twice, and our third was a casual outdoor concert. I showed up in jeans, a white tank, and a stripped shirt and, well, so did he. We jokingly checked the shirt tags, but they were from different companies. It was totally awkward b/c it looked like we'd intentionally done it.

• Yesssss like all the time. Same bastard guy too. He sorta looks like me... hmmmmmm

https://youtu.be/CZayfRKD6n8

• Where I worked before I started working from home - All the guys wore jeans and shirts so there was always a good chance of colour clashes among the guys.

• Yeah, at my HS graduation...

Seriously though, why would anyone care about something like that? I know there are cartoons and TV shows where two girls go to a party or something wearing the same outfit, and they freak and all kinds of complications ensue... but WTF, what is the big deal? I can't imagine why anyone in RL would care.

It's all about impressions. We all want to make a memorable one, especially when you're going to an event. You dress to impress, and it's the whole idea of you walk in, ready to set your mark, and everyone's already seen 'your outfit,' and they'll be talking about how you dressed alike with someone else as opposed to how fabulous it looks. And think about the astronomical odds of that happening for women. Men have, let's be honest, only a few options of what you can wear, so two people in a tux, two men wearing a polo and khakis... not really all that surprising, but women have literally millions of options and to actually show up in the same exact outfit or dress as another woman... it's like really universe? LOL. So there you have it. Is it the cure for cancer, no, but it's fashion darling.

Most things related to fashion are quite silly, but that for a lot of people is what goes through their heads when someone shows up in their outfit of choice. Some people handle it better than others, and laugh it off and move on. Others, don't find it so funny because they feel their personal efforts were wasted.

LOL, I guess that's why I wouldn't be upset; my level of personal effort in such matters is pretty close to nil.

• It probably happened at some point; I just never noticed. I don't check guys out.

• Yes and it's no big deal to me.

I really don't get the whole "OMG, s/he's wearing the same outfit as me... I have to change!" mentality

• With guys I worked with all the time haha.

At an old job we all wore uniforms, so of course we were dressed alike all the time, but for work meetings everyone came in their own clothes. My boss walked in and I went, um, did you call one of the employees for fashion tips today. He didn't get it of course, but everyone else did. They had same hoodie, same maroon shirt, same jeans, same sneakers.

Ahahaha thats awesome! I took a course and one guy dressed the same as the instructor. At work it was basically the same coloured shirt and jeans lol

• Yeah lmao.

• Omg ONE TIME! AND I FELT LIKE MURDERING HIM LMAO

• Nope, never happened to me

• Noope

• last pic is super awkward

right, apparently some person saw them on the subway, and snapped the shot captioning it, " these two guys are probably texting all their friends to let them know some random guy is dressed exactly like them."

• 1|0

Ha, uniforms don't count. You already know everyone is going to be dressed like you...

and I thought it was just coincidence that they were dressed like me :(

• lol, reminds me of "who wore it better"

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• Yeah in primary school lol. There was this girl who had the exact same name as me (Sarra with 2 R's), same barbie school bag, same Sport clothes, we both wore the exact same Halloween cleopatra costume for Halloween etc too many coincidences it was funny, we ended up finding out that we're third degree cousins.

• Yeah there were those girls in my high school who were 1-2 grades below me and would always copy my style lol. I would wear a grey dress & vagabonds one day and the next week they'd turn up in the exactly same outfit.. No idea how they even found out about everything I was wearing as they never actually talked to me. Anyways, I just took it as a compliment because they obviously must have liked my taste in fashion a lot 😛

• My sister once made me changed my shirt because it had black and white stripes and her shirt also had black and white stripes. 😒 I thought was lame and stupid. If this happened to me, I wouldn't care. If they copy me, they obviously have a damn good sense of style.

• yeah.. but it was a guy.. I was wearing a black and white checkered shirt while he was wearing a hoodie with exact same color and pattern.. but we just laughed and moved on lol

• My style is too different from other people I know for it to happen. But it wouldn't bother me if it did.

• My niece who was 4 days younger than I and looked like my identical twin and I often showed up at parties dressed exactly alike.

• Yeah. A few years ago we had a school trip to Germany, bought myself a cute hoodie with elephants there, what do you know, the next day when I wore it to school I saw another girl wearing the same exact hoodie. My friends and I just laughed it off, whatever.

• yea i felt annoyed

• Bruh @Other_Tommy_Wiseau get you ass on this thread! you have the perfect story for it! and i can def vouch for you on this one :P

no i have not thank gawd

• That hasn't happened to me.. Ever

• Yeah, prom *eye roll*

Yikes, it almost happened to me. I would have been wearing the same exact dress as the prom queen except I had to return my prom dress b/c they forgot to remove a security tag, and I ended up ditching the dress for a whole new one at another store. Did the other girl say anything to you?

She was my friend so I had to let it be okay.

• No but I was so close, haha! I saw a girl on my sophomore prom night wearing the exact same dress I considered to buy, fortunately I didn't.

I had a similar situation where I swear it was fate, because I had to return my original prom dress because the store forgot to remove one of the security tags. I remember being so pissed at the time and I just decided in that moment I didn't want it, and bought a whole new dress somewhere else. Turns out the Prom Queen had my same exact original dress. As soon as I walked in and saw her, I was like yikes, that would have been awkward. Two other girls did show up to prom in the same dress and they avoided each other all night.

Lmao so awkward XD 😂😂

• Nope, it's never happened to me.
    Or maybe it has, and I don't remember. :/
    Nah, I don't think it has. :)

• I can't vote because mine doesn't fit into anything.
    But
    Yes and I think i was the only one who noticed..

• Not the whole outfit just the same top. The other girl didn't seem happy about it. I don't care at all

• No that's never happened

• Like once but it wasn't a big deal. It was kind of funny that it was a guy though lol