I just don't understand why she went to a party dressed like a slut.

So my girlfriend went to this party on Halloween and she dressed like a total complete slut. Which is OK because its Halloween? I don't know why that makes sense. She knows I absolutely hate slutty stuff in general. And she never dresses like that ever! and then she goes to a party. Without me! I wasn't even there. Dressed like a total slut. I trust her, and I love her. I just still don't understand what she was thinking. honestly did she not even consider what I would think? Or what? I just don't get it! Please clear this one up. I've brought it up before...fail. Ha ha p*sses me off quite a bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, first of all, seriously, unless she cheated on you, GET OVER IT already, it was six months ago. Now that's said- I also have to tell you I dislike you using the term slut in reference to any woman but especially toward one you profess to love. A bit dergogatory- maybe you could find a different way to describe it?

Now, to answer your question- if she never dresses like that, Halloween is her chance to do something different, be someone else, experiment a little, wear something she's not quite daring enough to wear normally. It's a time of misrule- everything is topsy-turvy. Now, that being said, I don't presonally understand the custom of dressing in next to nothing and throwing on some cat ears, but I also don't really care that other women dress that way. (Actually, after the bars close and I see them walking home I feel a little sorry for them since it's FREEZING!) Your girlfriend was just having a little harmless fun, and she shouldn't have to come to you for costume approval, a sexy outfit is not reason enough to lose your trust. If that's all she did, you've been overreacting for six months and you really, really need to let it go.

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with Simple-Simonette.

"And she never dresses like that ever!" That's the point. Halloween is an excuse for everyone to dress up and wear things they'd never normally wear. For some girls, that involves revealing ensembles. I think you're overreacting. She probably would have worn the same thing whether you had been there or not. If you trust her, why does it matter? I highly doubt she dressed up that way to get a reaction from other guys. It's a Halloween party. Dressing like someone other than yourself is kind of the point. It happened, and it's over, so why are you still freaking out about it months later?

• Maybe she did consider what you thought and deemed it less important than what she wanted.

You're not her father - you don't get to dictate her tastes or likes or dislikes. I understand that in a relationship consideration for your partner is important - but that goes both ways. Maybe you should consider her feelings about dressing the way she wants without your "approval".

• Did you just find out about this or something?

What Guys Said 2

• I'm really mad at my Jewish friend and my Roman friend for crucifying Jesus all those years ago.. Bastards. I don't trust them.

• First off, Halloween was 6 months ago. So I'd call this a creepy grudge at this point. Anyways, the whole purpose of Halloween is for girls to dress like total sluts and be eye candy. My girl looked like a total slut and I got a lot of compliments on her because she's usually quite reserved. I didn't care, I knew she was going home with me. Stop being so controlling.

• When did I say I wasn't ok with it? don't call me controlling, I was just wondering what she was thinking. That's all, just wondering what was going through her mind, so not controlling at all.

• Again, Halloween was 6 months ago.. but... "I just still don't understand what she was thinking. honestly did she not even consider what I would think? Or what? I just don't get it! Please clear this one up. I've brought it up before...fail. Ha ha p*sses me off quite a bit." -you don't think that sounds controlling at all?