Would this be an offensive Halloween costume?

My friends and I (5 of us total) are going to a local radio stations Halloween party/concert at a nearby music venue. Its 13 and older but we are mainly guessing it will be college students and people in their 20's there. The only rules are no masks or inflatable/real weapons of any kind. My friend had the idea that she dresses up like Hitler and the 4 of us dress up like Concentration camp victims. We would scribble numbers on our arms and wear bald caps, cut out the nazi symbol from a piece of paper and tape it to our clothes. We were thinking striped pajamas. Then we would buy black grease paint and smear it everywhere to make ourselves look dirty. Spirit Halloween sells a Hitler costume. However, would this upset or offend a lot of people? Were trying to stand out in the crowd but not offend people. This was NOT my idea, again it was my friends idea, I suggested we dress up like possessed people and she said that would be too much work. My other friend suggested Ghostbusters but the reviews online said the outfits rip and are cheaply made and they were 2 out of 5 stars.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know I'll get a lot of hate for this but I actually had this idea a while back that the scariest Halloween costume would be a concentration camp victim as a zombie.

If someone came to my place on Halloween dressed like that I'd probably shit myself and give that person all the candy.

It would be the most terrifying and taboo costume I could think off.

The problem is however, although I believe in free speech and freedom of expression you will upset a lot of people. You might be the victim of violence and possibly receive death threats.

It would be best to choose something else.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're on VERY thin ice with the concentration camp victim idea. Keep in mind costumes are thought to ridicule people, and while I, and probably most other people, think it's perfectly fine to make fun of and ridicule hitler, doing that to the millions of people who were hunted, killed, etc seems pretty tasteless to me.
    If you wanna do a NS based theme, just all go as hitler and if someone asks say you're his immortal clones from a secret Nazi experiment.

Ok. That sounds like a better idea. I'm sorry about the concentration camp thing, I kinda thought it was too much but my friends like oh it will be fine. I just wanted to see what you guys would have to say before we actually did it. We should do the whole hitler army thing lol

Yeah - just for the future remember it may be funny to make fun of the bad guys, but definitely not of the people who actually died under them.

Okay. Thank you :) We will take your whole hitler army idea into consideration

What Guys Said 15

• Crosses too many lines - To a Jew that would be the same as a group going to your party as victims of 9/11

• I would probably laugh xD but considering how offended everyone is today, it's probably not the best idea. People are too sensitive nowadays.

• You'll be fine 🙊🙊🙊

• YES YOU MENTAL CLUSTERFUCK... IT WOULD BE OFFENSIVE AS FUCK

• yeah thats one of those things that gets a picture taken and makes you famous for being super dumb.

since its four of you why dont you go as the ghost busters and one of you be slimmer. girls can be ghost busters now.

• i think its not a problem. i would not use a swastika though, i would use something similar but not exactly it. like maybe just a cross or something but not a swastika itself.

• I can appreciate the creativeness but people will look at you wrong, some may find it cool but people will look... just don't do it LOL. I am pretty open person and I would still be like what the fuck and maybe laugh awkwardly.

• yes it would be.

• Thats a dick move

• Poor taste...

• Even I wouldn't suggest such a thing.

• omg dont do that please.. people will be offended

• You should be jailed for suggesting that.

Freedom of expression though.

The fact that your sitting here arguing with me is disgusting

At least you don't deny it.

• It's hard to think of more offensive without involving child rape and murder.

I'll maybe throw this in as a note as well.

If we were looking at hiring an employee, and found a photo of them dressed like that for Halloween? They'd be instantly rejected.

• not a good idea, don't be a tirggerer

What Girls Said 21

• To be on the Safe Side here, dear, I... Wouldn't do it.
    You never Know what Tom, Dick or Joe might just Gun you down Before you even get to The Party.
    You either have to be Politically Correct Today or Be Someone that Tries to be Neutral, or Die Trying. Sad, but it Is the World in Which We Live.
    Look at my own profile Pix, which is like a "Halloween" Getup. I put it Here to Show I am "Master of My Domain," no One has Shunned my Good Name.
    Good luck, you Still have Time to Change Costumes. xx

• Your friend sounds like a fucking idiot first of all.
    Second if you guys think the mass murder of thousands of people was funny you have shit hella fucked up.
    Pick something else that won't get you guys beat up because dressing like that will at the very least get you spit on.

• You guys sound like morons. I'd have no problem punching you in real life for wearing that.
    Out of any other group costume idea, you choose this.

• That's horrible do not do that

• I'm pretty sure you guys might get jumped or in the least, someone might spit in your face

• In what fucking world would that be OK? Seriously...

• That's not funny. Tell your friend she should be ashamed of herself, thats ignorant. You guys wouldn't be allowed in if you did that and I'm sure you would make news headlines. Thats horrible that spirit even sells a Hitler costume to begin with!

• You'll definitely get a lot of criticism for it, you'll stand out in a bad way

• Yes it would be highly offensive.

• yeah , go for different costume

• That's extremely offensive. Can't you go as the power rangers? Ninja turtles? Etc etc.

• Dont do it. You guys could try dressing as Zombies or Demons. WTF is wrong with Spirit Halloween? I never go to that store to begin with, their costume prices are OUTRAGEOUS!

• I PERSONALLY DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT. BUT OTHERS WILL.

• Yes it would

• I dont see anything wrong with it. Thats kinda funny actually. XD

• Do it!!!

• Dont do it.

• No, its fine. I like the idea of the dead holocaust victims, that would be creepy af.

• You guys should be placed in a gas chamber, cremated or starved to death since you think its so funny to make fun of the 6 million people that died because of nasty Hitler

• Everyone gets offended at every little thing these days. Do what you want

• Yes it would be offensive. It would be like if someone dressed up as the twin towers and two planes. You dont dress up and honor mass killings.