Girls, homecoming makeup?

I'm going to Homecoming but my mom won't let me go to a salon to get my makeup done. I know how to put on makeup but I'm clueless when it comes to face makeup/powder/foundation and homecoming makeup. Eyeshadow/eyeshadow brushes confuse me too. The only things I know how to put on correctly are mascara, eyeliner, blush, lip liner and lip stick.

2mo I'm wearing a dark blue lace dress to homecoming--what makeup would go well with this?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Stick to what you know and maybe add some easy things.
    There's a lt of yourube tutorials, too.
    Do you want to match your make up to your dress? Do you want a plain look?

I want to match my makeup to my dress. My dress is a dark blue lace dress

I'd say go for a smokey eye, or something glitzy and light. Just adding a little eyeshadow to your everyday routine can spice things up.

What Girls Said 19

• Read up about essential makeup products and what they do, and application routines as well. Also, I think YouTube tutorials (search something up like homecoming/prom makeup tutorial) will be really helpful as well.

I recommend going to a department store, and asking them for help about products and specifically what you should be buying for homecoming (also mention your dress colour/bring a photo so they can help you coordinate eyeshadow and lipstick colour too). If you get a good salesperson, I think they'll be useful.

Here are a few takes I wrote a while back now (shameless self promotion lol) hopefully you find them even the tiniest bit helpful.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28094-makeup-for-beginners-10-essential-products
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28189-6-essential-makeup-quick-tips

• Try contouring and get a makeup brush set from Sephora or Ulta. The brushes should come with a paper saying what they're used for and if not, ask a salesperson. I recommend starting off with a primer and I find it that powder contouring is far more easier than cream contouring. Too Faced Cocoa Chiseled to Percection contour kit, Anastasia Beverly Hills Glowkit (any of their glowkit series) and Anastasia Beverly Hills powder contouring kit will be best for you. Besides, it's homecoming so look as fabulous as you can. Or, you can stick with the simple eyeliner, blush, liner and lipstick and get ABH Glowkit or simple highlighter/bronzer to highlight your cheekbones, nose, under your eyebrows to make your face more vibrant and ethereal. As for eyebrows, get an eyebrow brush and gel to give them a nice arch and use ABH dipbrow pomade or their eyebrow wiz to shape and fill in your eyebrows.

• Youtube tutorials are always helpful! Also, try practicing before the actually dance so you can play around with colors. If you'd like finding your color foundation is as simple as walking in a makeup store. Even Ulta! They can help you find your shade or help you with face/eye makeup. I'm not sure if your mom would be against this too, but usually if you buy $50 worth of products at most makeup stores they give you a free makeover. Ex) Mac, Sephora, Benefit etc.

• Tutorials, check out NikkiTutorials, Larlalee, itslikelymakeup and more and more will come up. Brushes will help, I won't lie. I would say I'm very good at makeup and it's hard to get a really good look without have something that allows you to apply it precisely, but NOT IMPOSSIBLE. You can find a nice set of cheap brushes on Amazon or just an a beauty store, Ulta or Sally's, or just Target. I think Kohls is a nice place for makeup too. It depends on your skin type for face makeup. Dry, oily, normal, combination? I wish you luck.

• well I'm kinda the same way, but I have found a way to work around my not so great makeup skills. I tend to use powder and I prefer Bare Minerals, but honestly what ever powder you have that matches your skin tone works. I tend to start with that first, than go to blush ( that's the only Time I will use a brush).
    when doing eyeshadow I use my finger tip because I feel like I have more control over what I'm doing. I don't know your skin tone but I'm white and I usually go with browns. I like the smokey eyeshadow look so I use the dark brown starting from my outer eyelid making sure it looks even and dark than I but a little lighter brown in the middle and with my figer I'll blend in the 2 colors (this is probably really confusing so I apologize). and I'll put a light brown at the corner of my eyelids closer to the tear ducts. after I'll do eyeliner than mascara and finally lips.. (if anything I would just look at pictures of make up styles you like and look it up on youtube, a lot of people will not only show you how to do it but they will go over what they used such as brushes and powder/concealer) I hope this help a little.

• YouTube tutorials. If you don't have one, get a Pinterest account. You will find lots of cute and easy hairstyles there.

• For the face you want to start with a primer, if your face is oily or dry you want to use the primer that applies to you skin type, next you will want to apply your choice of foundation I use the 15-hr wear by smashbox $42 (MAKE SURE IT MATCHES YOUR NECK !) I can't emphasize that enough. Apply foundation with a damp beauty blender ($20) then use concealer ($10-30) that matches your skin for under eyes but if you want to contour & highlight then use a concealer 2-3 shades lighter. Next I usually just finish it off by baking my face with the tarte Amazonian finishing translucent powder. For a more in-depth process just watch a whole bunch of different YouTube videos of makeup artists to see which technique fits you best !! I hope i somewhat helped & have fun at homecoming girly (;

• YouTube tutorials. My personal advice:
    Start with a primer... it will make all the difference!
    Dab on liquid concealer with a flat brush but don't blend
    Use your forefinger to dab fingerprints of liquid foundation all over your face
    Blend with round sponge. Pay close attention to your jawline and neck
    Blend concealer lightly with your fingertip
    Lightly brush a mineral powder over entire face
    I would use sparkly shadows. Lately, I have really been into blending 3 bright sparkly colors on the inner lid, outer lid and brown one for nights out
    A thin line and small wing with a good liquid liner for a more vintage look. Do a thicker line and wing for a more modern look
    Lightly brush on a bronzer over cheekbones and a light pink under cheekbones
    Spray with a makeup setter
    Use a gloss stain. I just got one from Stila that I love!!

• Go to a mall dept store and tell them you're looking at buying some products for your homecoming and they'll either tell you everything to buy or you could even ask them to do it for you. If they're nice they might

• I am sure you would look very pretty with a "simple" look. You already know the basics, just add more blush for pictures. Don't worry about different brushes its commercial advertising to sell more! When I was growing up (long time ago) we used foundation, blush, eyeliner, mascara and a lot o f blush to parties. Look at the magazine models, they are still very basic and simple. I am sure you will be great with simple makeup! Hope that helps!

• Try Michelle Phan, $20 make up challenge.

• Just be true to yourself and make yourself look as cute as can be. For eyeshadow, Dab your finger in a choice of eyeshadow, then gently blend it in your eyelid. Tjats eyeshadow for you!!!

• Maybe you could go to a counter at a department store. Bobbi Brown are great if you have one in your area. They can do your makeup that day. Surely your mum would agree to that?

• You tube has all kind of makeup tutorials. Try checking that out.

• Watch Lauren Curtis on Youtube! I love her tutorials

• Can't relate because my makeup is always on fleek

• Youtube tutorials exist.

• Ask a friend, family member, or go to YouTube.

• Google it