Is it more beautiful to see a girl who naturally looks lovely without hair dye or make-up or a girl who is gorgeous with modifications to herself: hair color, make-up, etc.?

Most Helpful Guy

• So many girls don't have a good and healthy idea of what physical beauty really is. Realize that we're simply part of nature and thus in the mating game we both look for natural traits. Therefore the traits you are born with are the ones attractive to the opposite sex. Girls are more than just a pair of boobs and there's beauty in every square inch.

When you go about modifying that in the hopes of augmenting it, it works in a certain way but there's an unappealing feeling to it too that I can't describe.

A few days ago I think I was surfing and I stumbled onto a blog of this woman who believed in natural beauty and didn't wear makeup or shave or do anything like that. And by not shaving I'm talking about legs, armpits and I found some pics of her and strange as it sounds she was pretty good looking. Now I appreciate smooth shaved skin as much as any guy but there was a wild sort of untamed quality to it that I kind of liked too.

It just goes to show that what girls really need to attract the opposite sex is what they're born with. If you're biological imperative is to reproduce why would you be born without the tools to do the job?

What Guys Said 3

• exactly, I look around my college campus at these girls who wear a lot of makeup (a lot for me is less than most) and are in short shorts and a tank-top, and they look good, sexually attractive, than I turn my head and 3 seconds later I see another girl like this and I already forget about the first one.

But when I see a girl that is truly beautiful, an attraction from a smile, pretty eyes..etc. I remember her, I want to approach her more, she's not a sexual object, but this is just me, and if I had my way girls would wear a lot less make-up.

• short answer: yep. it is.

but there's nothing wrong with a little makeup here and there either.

• absolutly yes!

What Girls Said 5

• I like to see people who look natural. There are some, girls mostly, who might look better with just a little bit of makeup, but they're all beautiful without it anyway. Personally I choose to not wear makeup, if only because it's a hassle and I don't really have ten or fifteen minutes to spend trying to make it all look good. The only time I bother with it is for formal dances or important dinners.

• i think for a girl ... a girl that looks gorgeous with makeup because chances are we will only see her with makeup

a guy.. naturally beautiful because theyd want to wake up to a beautiful face.

• Real beauty comes from beneath the skin. Its what you have in your heart and what you give out that counts.

But most girls are dependent on makeup and hair dye [ I, myself am guilty... Sadly. ] Over all I believe the real beauty is inside the person.

• i'm naturally blonde but I dye my hair dark. it's just a preference. as for makeup, less = better.

• if you're pretty you're pretty

imo a cute 6 that's natural vs. a hot 8 that uses a lot of modifications...the 8 will look better

a pretty 8 that's natural vs. a cute 6 with a lot of modifications...the 8 will look better

its all about the end result

i do think its better if your naturally prettier w/o all that fake stuff but everyone isn't that lucky lol