Men have more body parts that are sexualized but women's parts are sexualized more... Agree or disagree?

So I've noticed this to be the case in both GaG and in real life. When you ask men (and women) what's the most attractive part of the female body, majority of the answers you get are either boobs or butts. These parts are sexualized so much that it seems like men constantly think about them. I do see other answers too like legs and *ahem* feet, but it's rare.

But if you ask the same question about the male body, you're going to get many different answers as opposed to just a couple of them. My answer would be the butt, but I've heard women say arms, abs, shoulders, chest, back, and even hands. But you don't hear as many women talk about specific organs but rather the entire body.

A quick look at the polls on this site and even the answers below them would make this obvious.

• Agree
  • It's the other way round
  • Disagree
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• let us first look at the reason why sexualization exists. it exists because of evolution. natural selection governs the evolution of a species, so there is an actual purpose why things are sexualized. the reason things are sexualized is because these are desirable traits, they are desirable traits because they help us survive and reproduce. every time we look left and right before crossing the street we are increasing our survival chances, every time we do something in our life like buying a house, drinking water it can always be tracked back to reproduction and survival as the core reason.

sexualization is not a bad thing, its a good thing. without it we would not have anything to be attracted to. the guys saying only tits or ass you know WHY that happens? because women only asking questions about tits or ass. they litterally put in the voting options BOOBS ASS thats it. we as men are expected to choose either tits or ass, if we would be all philosophical about it we fear that we might be made fun off. we think we are doing the right thing by only saying tits or ass. no, not at all at least not for me. i can't speak for other men because i am not like them, that is clear. men who only want tits or ass are satisfied to easily, women have much more to offer if you make them offer it to you. tits or ass does not satisfy me. i want more than that, i want an actual woman to be a woman. what i am attracted to cannot be defined by one poll or one question. it requires deep thought and mental gymnastics to figure out the outlining of what i am attracted to. it is instinctual, it is not conscious. thats why most men say tits or ass, not because it is tits or ass, but because it is straightforward. they are not interested in thinking deeply to explain what they find attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't agree.

Tbh, I think that AT LEAST 80 percent of the female answers to questions like this are just "Oh shit, I have to give an answer" answers... so, in effect, they're basically random answers THAT HAVE LITTLE OR NO ACTUAL SIGNIFICANCE.

More generally, this is actually a HUGELY significant difference between men and women, across the board: Women, **generally speaking**, are MUCH more likely to give their best effort to answer questions WITHIN THE GIVEN BOUNDARIES... while men are much more likely to pretty much tell the question asker to piss off (however politely).
    Obviously there are exceptions -- of which I am notably one, and of which I suspect you are another -- but, yeah, this is a VERY consistent pattern. All the way to courtrooms, where female witnesses tend to be much much MUCH more likely to be swayed/influenced by "leading questions", loaded language, and so on.

Here's an example:
    • If you ask 100 STRAIGHT men... "If you could have gay sex with any Hollywood celeb, who would you pick?" ... you're VERY unlikely to get more than 1 or 2 actual answers. You'll probably get at least 90 versions of "I wouldn't do that"... and, in all probability, you'll get more physical assaults than names of male celebs.
    • If you ask 100 STRAIGHT women... "If you could have lesbian sex with any Hollywood celeb, who would you pick?" ... you'll get at least 75 ACTUAL ANSWERS to the question.
    Srsly... Try it sometime, in a random bar or something. You'll get something like 80-90% responses-inside-boundaries from women (if you're sufficiently non-awkward about asking the question), versus less than 5% from men.

Two things about these kinds of responses:

1)
    These responses are COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS as far as the ORIGINAL QUESTION is concerned.
    For the lesbian sex question, the respondents WOULD NOT have actual lesbian sex with the celebs in question -- even if such lesbian sex were on offer. Rather, they're just naming celebs they personally think are hot, or #goals, or even who share political alignments, or whatever tf. The point is that they're just BEING AGREEABLE, in a way that men ALMOST NEVER do.

Men don't understand this -- which is part of the reason women are much much MUCH better at networking, in general, than men are (it's no coincidence that the word "socialite" is female by default).

2)
    These kinds of responses are ALSO part of the reason why sooooo many men actually believe this bullshit about how "most women are bi-curious" or whatever.

In the case of yr original question—
      Most women tend to be attracted to a LEAN, POWERFUL, and all-around PROPORTIONATE male physique. Literally, the whole picture. With rare exceptions — and/or unless there’s an emotional backstory — we DON’T really fetishize individual body parts, in the way that men famously do.

Most of us ALSO either…
      …1) are pretty bad at actually explaining this (since it isn’t really the world’s easiest thing to explain),
      or else…
      …2) just don’t give enough of a shit to actually BOTHER trying to explain it, so we just throw a random answer at the question and we’re done with it.

Combine #1 and/or #2 with the fact that women tend to be FAR higher in “agreeableness” than men (as explained above), and you have the REAL explanation for why the survey turns out the way the survey turns out.

@anonman32 Hey, sometimes I think everyone should think exactly like me, too. <3 <3

But... not everyone does.

nobody can think like you, you are unique.

What Guys Said 23

• I think the number of body parts is about equal but that womens parts are more sexualized.

I also agree with what 36-40 blue anon said, men's body parts are only sexualized if they are exceptional, meanwhile even an ordinary girl can attract sexual attention for her body parts if they are revealed.

• I can't really say, in the sense that women tend to look for other qualities in a man/mate, this isn't to suggest that women don't at times sexualize and or objectify men. It does happen, perhaps not as much though.

• I think any discussion is heavily influenced by the huge emphasis on the female butt and boobs - Even on GaG look at the prevalence of Boobs or Butt questions, it could also be the age profile on here, I think as men get older their focus becomes less narrow.

• I think women DO look at individual parts of a males anatomy. But at first glance, I think it's more of a total package thing because women are thinking more relationship orientated, and men are more, let's just say "FUN" orientated.

On another view of this, I think men are physiologically and were always created to be visual and animalistic in the way we pursue. Why do you think girls have all the curves and are beautiful and have adapted and evolved as showing more curves and beauty and elegance and things that are visually appealing to men? It promotes a sense of fertility and youth having softer skin, better curves, more nurturing nature. Men have been evolved to be more of a strength, hunting physiology. Women are naturally attracted to strength and power to have a safer life for family and children and to have better offspring. Women have only one egg a month, why waste it? So they always look at the whole package of a man and assess a man from a point of view of, "will he be the best overall for me and family?". Use guys, why do we need to care, we might die from hunting or protecting very easily, so we better have offspring and better yet, have a lot of chances to have offspring.

• @redeyemindtricks
    Okay, the thing is that I am telling you super super super super short version of what I wanted to say actually (Due to lack of time) is that... Porn and media (Let it be modern media or Ancient like statues etc) do, "MAKE" men fetishize a pirticular organ unlike women.
    They show men cumming on boobs, ass, etc (many more places), this is what fetishizes a pirticular organ... Have you seen any video where a woman cums on abs, shoulders, v line, pecs? ? ? ? ? ? ?

The truth is men are not sexualised at all (Of course I am over Exaggerating, but the truth is damn close)(The those male organs she is talking about are shown attractive to eyes... not fetishized!!!)

A man can walk in the lawn shirtless, he acts if it is normal thing and so are the vibes around HIM and women get used to it as a non sexual thing, now what she further sees on tv is just the beautified version of that... ""NOT SEXUALISED/FETISHIZED".
    Now A woman will never do that. Even if she does, she will be in her BRA... (Everything bare but hiding only one thing...)
    So, for a man what is a fetish/TABOO in porn/real remains a taboo/porn in real too, unlike women.
    I hope you got it...

By the way, how is everything going?

"Have you seen any video where a woman cums on abs, shoulders, v line, pecs?"

^^ yes, actually.
      (keep in mind that female ejaculation is hard to film unless it's squirting)

you're forgetting the business side here. Men pay for porn, we don't. That drives just about all of these observations.

😂😂 Dude if the other partner IS the food, you can't use that analogy anymore...

@redeyemindtricks
      Food= biological need here...

• Indeed, in most cases it's true, but personally, I'm not into butts or boobs, I prefer legs (not feet)... although, face is the most important.

• Hmm... interesting. Never thought about that. I think it makes sense. So, agree. Not sure why it's like that.

• You can't say that men are sexualized really. I mean, look at media. In media, the most common symbol for sex appeal is a woman, generally presented as a prize.
    Men who are shown with little clothing on are almost always not presented as sexual at all.
    What I'm trying to say is, in publicity, a woman presented without clothes is presented as such to sexualize her. In other words, the main attractive component is sexuality.
    In publicity, when a man is presented, the attractive component is that man's "coolness", "success" and "masculinity".
    Was that confuse or did I get my point across?

Yeah I got what you mean. Maybe "sexualized" was the wrong term. What I really meant was that there are more male body parts that seem to play a role in sexual attraction.

I suppose that's only logical. In most ads I have seen featuring male models, they where showing off their whole upper torso. While most times a woman is sexualized, the breasts and buttocks are the most focused on parts.

• Here's the thing... Women find non-sexual things sexy/attractive. So while it might be what they're drawn to, it's not actually sexualized. Like my voice is sexy, but voices aren't sexualized. So I have to say that I feel women do, indeed, have more sexualized "parts".

• Agree, I am so into the face I don't care what she's attached to (within reason). My girlfriend seems to like all of me 😅

Perhaps it has something to do with our visions, as we know men have more focal vision (as do all hunters in animals)? Also the fact that your boobs, butts, necks etc are accentuated naturally compared to the male body.

That's a possibility

• Body parts got nothin to do with it. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the lollipop girl.

https://youtu.be/U9r138aOC6k

• hmm guess that's true. but I think legs and belly are still quite often sexualized on girls

• The entire headline is a contradiction. Who are you trying to say has more parts that are sexualized? Men or women?

I mean that men have a higher number of body parts that are sexualized. Women have only a few but these parts are sexualized much more than any male body parts. It's more like quantity vs quality.

• Eh, tbh it's because they only give us 2 choices but I find many parts of a girl pretty sexy (in a fetish and non fetish way). But I guess it mostly depends on the person and what body part fetish's a person has.

• Tits ass vagina
    Penis ass

How did you add that up again?

There are much more male body parts than that. You can just look at the polls on this site.

• That actually makes sense

• It's debatable but I'm into girls so I'll have to agree haha

• Lips, legs, neck, boobs, ass they are sexualized parts of women :)

• Men are looking for the business part, and the part that can take care of their children.

How is that related to the question?

I was implying why men focus on specific parts while women do not. Perhaps men look at women as objects of sex while women don't necessarily.

• What about ma bootay that makes u wanna fawk wid meh? 👙😘

• I think women have just as many body parts, that are appreciated but then boobs and butt are *in addition* to that.

• It's almost like relative to breasts ass and women's thighs most men have no sexualized body parts - at all -

For a guy who isn't in unusually good shape, there's literally no body part that makes women drool. Where an absolutely average girl, guys would stop and stare at multiple things if revealed.

• I TOTALLY disagree.
    It's because women don't even find male body to be sexually and aesthetically pleasing at all.
    They have to think hard and then come up with some point as in they like strong back/shoulders/abs or something...
    While it's totally clear that female legs, belly boobs butt... everything is actually beautiful aesthetically pleasing and sexy as fuck.
    Even women agree that boobs lges and vulva /butt is sexy and beautiful. No one ever says male body is sexy / penis is hot.
    Male ismt beautiful/sexy at all.

You're one of those guys...

Yes I have. All the time

But then again why isn't male body sexualised atall?
      Woman can even Show off her belly skin /legs and she is seen as super hot and sexy... a man wearing shorts ismt seen as nice at all forget being seen as hot and sexy.
      At the maximum male model waxes his chest and back and goes shirtless and still he isn't seen as sexy as a woman wearing bra!

What Girls Said 20

• I'm not sure if you could say it like that.
    Just because you find somethingb (a body part for this matter) attractive doesn't mean you automatically sexualise it.
    My answer to what part of a mans body I find most attractive would probably be the chest, yet I don't imagine myself having sex with a man's chest or solely with a man because of his chest.
    When guys say they like boobs/ass etc they actually jerk off to those body parts but hell I'd never get that turned on by the sight of a chest alone.

Yes. But I did say women's organs are sexualized MORE. So male chests aren't sexualized as much as boobs/ass. It's more about quantity over quality. No?

I don't really feel like men's body parts are being sexualised at all. So not really..

• No I think you pretty much get the same answers for guys too. Chest, arms, abs and maybe hands.
    In fact I think you would overall get fewer body parts. I mean men pretty much get turned on by anything ya sure chest and butt, but also legs, stomach, neck, shoulders, feet even vaginas. Women don't. For most women it's all in a mans upper body

• This is very true. It think it has a lot to do with the fact that men see women, neurologically, as an assortment of body parts rather than a whole person. So women find a range of different body parts and organs attractive (both sexual and non-sexual), because we see the male body being attractive in it's entirety. But on the other hand, men find a specific set of features attractive, and they're usually the sexualised ones. Not that there's anything wrong with that though.

• Yeah, I think so, but guys who like legs, and guys who like feet are not the same, at least not in my experience.

• Agreed, for sure. I know I feel that way about guys. It's not just one or two parts that look good. It's his overall body when you put all the pieces together.

• Sure, that seems like it's about right.

• I didn't think of that before but I think you're def right!

• Agree. I usually say the hands smile, eyes lol

• 100% agree but dem muscles man. Makes it impossible to just pick 1 feature.

*spaces off thinking about how hot my boyfriend looks*

• I can get turned on or off by a man's demeanor and it seems like a guy would overlook that in a woman if she physically appeals to him.

• i agree on that

• Hmm yeah I agree with what you said. That seems to be the case

• Yes, it's true, but it's not just about boobs or butts, lots of guys prefer legs.

• Yeah, I would have you agree with this.

• Makes sense! Yeah, I agree.

• I'd say equal

• Liking and sexualizing are not the same thing. Women don't crave shoulders and arms of men as much as men crace butts and boobs of women

Crave*

Yes but it usually does play a part in sexual attraction. Just not as much as boobs or butts.

Guys oversexualize. No woman loses her mind over a man's body part like men do over a woman's ass or boobs

• Na, every single part of a womans body is seen as sexy and has fetishists. A man just needs good overall body.

• I disagree. It seems like men have less sexualized parts because guys can walk around shirtless in shorts and nobody bats an eye. If a girl wears shorts and a crop top then the whole world loses their shit. She's showing off too much leg, too much cleavage, too much of her torso, and too much everything else. Pretty much everything on girls has been sexualized including belly buttons and feet. The only actual sexualized parts of a man is his penis. Women's butt, vaginas, boobs, legs, and more get sexualized all the time. Sure a guy who has nice arms, or a chest, or some great abs is nice, but it's usually not sexualized the way that female features are.

• I think women's whole body is sexualized but guys usually concentrate on few part. Lesbian relations are popular (even bi relations) because a woman knows exactly where to touch.