Do you believe that there is a difference between bleaching your skin and wearing a weave/wig?

This is a similar question that Azealia Banks asked when she was being criticized for bleaching her skin. And I"m asking because I would like to know what the GAG community thinks of this. Should the public be upset because Banks chose to bleach her skin? I believe not becuase that's her body and she can do as she chooses.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is the wider issue of someone famous doing something that could be copied a lot by younger black people. Does it lead to a trend of people who want to lighten their skin or even whiten their skin, it somehow implies that darker skin is unwanted. I think it could create an unwanted trend.

Most Helpful Girl

• nope no difference cause in both cases the person doesn't accept her natural hair texture or skintone

p. s: am just speaking my thoughts

What Guys Said 3

• People should be able to do whatever they want

• im pretty sure theyre different since skin is different to hair.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• I don't even get how they're comparable?

Skin bleaching can lead to cancer and other health issues. When has the affect of wearing a weave ever been that serious it's just hair.

• She can do what she wants, but I vary strongly disagree with bleaching your skin and wearing weaves.

• White girls tan. Not me but some. Who cares.

• Why when someone bleach their skin it's bad and racist and when they tan it it's cool?
    People can do what they want that's their skin.

No it's not the same at.

• Yeah ones permanent and ones not...