Girls, how do you stop a foundation from oxidizing (turning orange)?

I have used the Maybelline "fit me matte and poreless" foundation in a darker colour and I made it work and loved it, but I recently purchased it in a lighter shade much suited for my pale ass skin and all of a sudden, it started oxidizing. Anyone else had this problem or any tips on how to stop this?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I love the maybelline dream liquid mousse foundation and I set it with the mac mineralize skinfish and it gives me a nice radiant glow. Laura Mercier powder works

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• do you use loose powder or packed powder? if you use loose you can try mixing a little of it in to your liquid foundation before you apply.

• I always just buy something thats colour match these days as im really pale so even some 'ivorys' can look orange on me. I find maxfactor does a good one. If its the right colour for you or makeup type for ur skin then it should stay the right colour for you throughout.

• Do you have only skin? If so you should try wearing a primer a setting powder/spray.

If you don't have oily skin you maybe the face cream you are wearing is too heavy.

I have serious combo skin, it's half and half all the time haha. It could be my moisturizer but I'm not sure

• Maybe it's just the wrong colour?

Nah it's the lightest shade and its perfect when I first put it on but it turns orange throughout the day