Which style is more suitable for a date to a dinner with some very sophisticated people?

I'm going to a dinner with my boyfriends potential clients and they're some very sophisticated people but they like to party and we're heading to a club after. Which style outfit do you think is more suited for both venuesYou can say none :)? Thanks x

• 1Which style is more suitable for a date to a dinner with some very sophisticated people?
  • 2Which style is more suitable for a date to a dinner with some very sophisticated people?
  • 3Which style is more suitable for a date to a dinner with some very sophisticated people?
2mo Update: I'm not there to do business my boyfriend is and just wants me to look good. He suggested particular outfits. I'm just there to entertain the wives and girlfriends basically

Most Helpful Guy

• 2 is HOT, but not suitable for a business dinner. 1 or 3 instead.

Also, you completely rock all three outfits.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh... oh dear.

Girlfriend.
    You are going to A BUSINESS DINNER.

I don't know who these "clients" are -- or what the industry is -- but... Oh my.

You need to wear something that's actually a little bit on the conservative side during the dinner, and can become a LITTLE bit more daring, BUT STILL UNDENIABLY CLASSY, at the club.
    Girl!
    You are going to be at the club with BUSINESSPEOPLE IN SUITS!
    With whom yr boy actually DOES BUSINESS!

__

One way to do this:

• Wear a KNEE-LENGTH mermaid style dress (with your body #mmhmm oh yeah).
    DO NOT WEAR A SKIRT SUBSTANTIALLY SHORTER THAN THE KNEE. If you wear a slit all the way up to yr waist, like #1 -- which looks as much like a bathing suit as like a dress -- I will personally fly out to Australia, stay the night at @luci92 's place, smack you silly, and fly home.

• Wear a nice cropped (bolero length) jacket OVER the dress at the dinner.
    Then, when you get to the club, just coat check.

Two examples:

youlookfab.com/.../Laced-Cropped-Denim-Jacket.jpg

cdnc.lystit.com/.../...t-2-14619659-966256833.jpeg

#stayclassy <3 :*

Haha there's always a spot at my place!
      And I totally agree with you, keep it classy OP.

No problem! And I agree with all of your points, dressing in an elegant and classy way would really get the attention of your boyfriend's potential clients.

Yeah. If the boyfriend suggested these, then something is not quite right here.

Does this "business" have the blessing of the Godfather?

What Guys Said 10

• Number one is BARELY acceptable for dinner and is fine for a club. The other two are not acceptable at dinner period.

Like redeye says, if the dress was a few inches longer it would be perfectly fine.

YOU?

*You* think that #1 -- with that slit so high I thought it was a swimsuit for a sec, AND that strappy bodice -- is more acceptable at dinner than #3?

•____________•

You sure you got those numbers in the right order, there?

__

In any case... The question update REALLY doesn't jibe with the rest of the story.
      If her job is to entertain EXCLUSIVELY WOMEN, then she should ALWAYS be dressed *at least* as conservatively as the MOST conservatively dressed women who are anywhere close to her age.

So... At 19, she should gauge who is the most conservative of everyone under 30 or 35 -- maybe even under 40, if most of the crowd is older -- and she should dress AS conservatively as, OR MORE than, that woman does.

@redeyemindtricks mhmm 😘

1 is cut too high but it's more formally revealing, knee boots to a networking dinner is too casually revealing. To my eyes she looks 21+ in the former and completely 19 in the latter - if you get my meaning.

You know me though, i'd pick something way more appropriate but I just assumed this was what she has to work with.

• I think the best option is number 3, not too revealing, but a good outfit for clubbing

• If I was your boyfriend, and these were the three choices you picked out for me to choose from, I'd probably start planning our breakup on the spot.

Where ever you go afterwards is irrelevant. Business comes first - ESPECIALLY if the other people are also bringing their wives and gfs. If you have no idea what to wear, google Amal Clooney.

Apparently the BOYFRIEND picked out the outfits (?).
      That's weird af inherently... let alone for this context. I aired my *worst* suspicions in my opinion thread, hah.

It could also just be trolling.

• I would pick 1 - They are all racy for a business dinner but okay for a club.

• Like other people said, they looks good... But for a club.

• neither

• They're all slutty

• 1 looks best no question.
    For some reason I never pictor people online looking nearly that good.

• they all seem a bit much... dk why they're going to a club after a meeting, seems a little odd

by the way, in your profile you say "people wind up either loving you or hating you". i like that, but, if i could just add on to it, from a thing i know, it goes "you'll love me, or you'll hate me, but, you''ll never forget me, get ready to feel the bang"

lol, it's just basically saying, whether you like me or you don't, i WILL make an impact on you. that's how i am as well

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• I love the second style omg it's amazing! Omg seriously tho it's beautiful.

• I mean don't get me wrong these are all awesome outfits and you look good, but I think 2 and 3 are too casual if you're going to dinner beforehand. 1 is probably the most suitable but the length and the fact that you're showing off both your boobs and legs is kinda... detrimental to you wanting to appear sophisticated and classy.

• Do you have anything a little less revealing? I feel like the first two show far too much skin for a business meeting. The third one is boring tho.

• They are all cute, but none are suitable for a business meeting/dinner with sophisticated clients.

• lol I like the outfits but they are not appropriate for your event :/
    1 is best but you need it the same length as the longest part lol cause that s too short for a business meetign

• Love outfit #2! But for a more formal look outfit #3

• One. All but 2.

• c with some black tights, class it up if it's a business party

• b cuz i like the boots

• None of those

• C is best B is worst

• The 3rd dress is best for both occasions

• Definitely the first one. Very sexy and yet tasteful. You look gorgeous by the way.

• 1 looks good for a date then clubbing

• You look beautiful in all. They're all suitable for the club, but not for a business meeting.

• The last if you have zero other dress because the other are just horrible, make you look like a slut. You should search elegant and chic dress.

• Definitely not 2 in this situation, but all of them slay me so.