Can a girl who's 5'1" with scars and stretchmarks become a fashion model like the popular ones for major brands or at least a fitness model?

I'm working on losing weight but when I was skinny, I basically had the body of Ariana Grande, although a little more curvier and much more athletic when I did soccer and martial arts, but was very teeny tiny like her. But my body is so blemished with scars and stretchmarks and even if I lose 90 pounds, I'll still have stretchmarks. Also all the women in the modeling industry are 5'6"-5'11" and absolutely statuesque while I'm only 5'1". Is it possible or should I just cross out modeling?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your height isn't a problem. If you can get down to a fit frame and you have great T&A, then I'd say you can definitely model for something.

Thanks for most helpful! I take it that means you're fit and with great T&A? lol!

Most Helpful Girl

• Aerie allows people of all sizes for modeling, so if you really want to do it that's a suggestion. Most photos get retouched anyway so I wouldn't worry about scars...
    You'd prob have to be at 105 pounds (or less) for places other than Aerie to consider tho... which is why I made the suggestion so you can stay at a healthy weight.

What Guys Said 5

• Fitness model maybe if you workout and get in really good shape. But not fashion model, no.

• yes she can

• If that fugly mfer Shaun Ross can become a model then I don't see why you can't

• Nopes
    They need to be tall

• Ariana Grande? For real. I'm not trying to be an asshole but I don't think she needs to lose 90 pounds. Maybe your goal should be trying to be healthy instead of a model. But if you really need attention go for it there's even porn companies that specialize in chicks like you.

What Girls Said 8

• Depends on the agency. Most have a cut off height of 5'7" and have weight limits. As for scars and stress marks? You'd need to talk to a rep.

• You may have to find a different industry, but more and more industries are starting to like women with not so perfect bodies. Mainly because they want to showcase the average woman. And the average woman has stretch marks, scars, isn't a perfect height, etc.

• Its hard for short girls to become models simply because fashion brands want tall, slim, flat girls in order to showcase their clothes better.

I hear its a gruelling job anyway so if I were you I'd avoid it.

• You need to find a different industry where your height won't disqualify you

• To do fashion, you need to be at least 5'9." same for editorial. Commercial models at least 5'7"

You could possibly do pinup/glamour, although given your blemishes it's going to be tough for you. And there's always work available if you are willing to do nudes.

That's just the way it is.

• I'm guessing you already know it's a long shot.

• you should keep trying fitness model don't have to be tall

• That is not possible.