I have body dysmorphic disorder...am I ugly or not?

this is a terrible mental disorder similar to a cancerous ocd that affects 1-2 percent of the population. I always feel that I am a walking monster but I rarely ever get other opinions of what I look like.

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah it is horrible, I've had it since I was 19 and it had ruined my everyday life, all I can suggest and I know its gonna be hard as I can't even take my own advice is get help fast as the longer it goes on the harder it is to get out of the routines.

• Yea dude iv let it ruin me relationships with girls and stuff the crazy thing is I have it badly in spurts...sometimes ill think ill look great but it never lasts...such a terrible disorder and I bectha ur a normal looking or even decent looking dude too..this disorders terrible.

What Girls Said 2

• Aww, you're not ugly at all! It's a pity some people feel this way when they're really quite attractive! I hope life gets easier for you and I hope you find some help with your problem =] Best of luck.

Lew

• Darling, you're not. You're quite handsome, and it's a pity you feel that way. D:

What Guys Said 1

• I have BDD too, but to a milder extent. Personally I've found that antidepressants work quite well.